Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

1 minute ago, junkshop36 said:

When we saw RO last night, after about the 6th trailer, my wife was like....

"Can we just get to the damn movie!" 

?

I'm honestly fine with trailers. It's not the same watching them on your ipad versus the big screen. I like getting around 5 or so. It's really when they start getting to the numerous Coke and anti-pirate ads that I start shaking my fists at the screen.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, junkshop36 said:

When we saw RO last night, after about the 6th trailer, my wife was like....

"Can we just get to the damn movie!" 

?

I'll never forget when the poor Kubo teaser came on as like the 8th trailer before my Thursday TFA screening last year and the whole theater booed and acted a fool. In fact, I think I'll just go ahead and blame that incident for Kubo not doing better. :angry:

• Like 1

Saw it again tonight with Wrathette #2 and we got 5-6 trailers but the two that got a real reaction out of her was the new GotG2 trailer (which was new to her) and the Pirates one which she's seen like 3 times yet still makes her squeal with excitement. Bardem's appearance and line delivery in that trailer is just masterful.

Interestingly, I liked Rogue One considerably better the second time.

I was no longer wearing my excited fan-boy hat nor was I trying to anticipate what was going to happen. I just sat back and watched it, and I liked a lot better.  Less early draggyness, the character development, while still not great felt better, and I appreciated the minor characters better especially a couple I hadnt liked the first time around. I was pleasantly surprised.

edit - Still no Dunkirk trailer, though. Grrr.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 7