Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

Just now, jandrew said:

Seeing RO with mom in an hour and now I'm afraid shes not going to enjoy it...is there at least good action to keep her entertained? Or is it more dialouge and jargon heavy? 

Just go, and if she doesn't like it, say "At least we got the Fate of the Furious trailer"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jandrew said:

Seeing RO with mom in an hour and now I'm afraid shes not going to enjoy it...is there at least good action to keep her entertained? Or is it more dialouge and jargon heavy? 

The third act has good action, but she might be bored by the first 100 minutes or so.

Just now, grey ghost said:

I'm still pissed South Park didn't go anywhere with their member berries subplot.

Seems like they scrapped it after Trump won.

This past season sucked. Parker and Stone should take a break from serialized seasons.

• Like 2

@Admiral Ackbar

These guys will give you good number analysis and predictions don't worry.

But we don't have much to work with with just the OD.

Only the village idiot already changed his Avatar to acknowledge Dory's victory

Envoyé de mon SM-G930F en utilisant Tapatalk

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Admiral Ackbar said:

I joined these forums to simply see discussions of numbers, predictions, patterns and movies in general, not all of this mostly unrelated filler. 

However, I must admit I do enjoy seeing randoms waste so much time and energy arguing online about absolutely nothing :lol:

Will end when the 'normal' films take over again (BO). To a degree, sometimes the wait is a bit too long.

21 minutes ago, Eevin said:

Why does every major weekend thread turn into an argument about Avatar?

I like/love Avatar, but I am bored to tears about thise kind of discussions too :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Just now, grey ghost said:

What will be the most embarrassing nostalgia based movie franchise to emerge in the next few years?

Power Rangers, Pokemon, or Hasbro cinematic universe?

Well considering the new Power Rangers movie doesn't seem to evoke any nostalgia whatsoever, not that one. 

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The third act has good action, but she might be bored by the first 100 minutes or so.

This past season sucked. Parker and Stone should take a break from serialized seasons.

It's a shame cause I liked the PC principal season.

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Good luck finding a film franchise that went past three movies that a majority of people will think were all great. There is a big enough sample size to be confident that this will inevitably lead to what most consider as lackluster films. Honestly, you guys are being way too stubborn in your fanboy-ism right now. I understand SW had been dead for a decade and this is only the second year of its return, but just think about the future for one second. 

Fast and Furious comes to mind as does (not for me, but others) Harry Potter and James Bond off the top of my head.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm out until we get some numbers, it's boring to the point of tears to talk about "cash grabs" from major Hollywood studios. The point of filmmaking at the corporate level is to make money. That being said, I don't think ANYONE goes into a creative field in Hollywood to make money. Those people who do usually fail miserably. It takes an incredible amount of passion and love to stick with filmmaking, whether you're directing, acting, doing production design, or even working lighting and grip department, you have to love what you do and believe that what you're making is something people will enjoy. Otherwise, there are a lot more sure-fire ways to make a living than filmmaking. It's a silly idea that somehow because a Disney accountant wants a movie to make more money to offset losses on the theme park cost overruns that somehow a Star Wars movie is a "cash grab" by all those involved. It's not just a stretch, it's an idiotic comment. There has been absolutely no shortage of purely idiotic comments made by a very small handful of posters, sorry I typo-ed that to "posers" originally, which I guess wasn't far off.