Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

Just now, Porthos said:

65% of TFA's Sun = 39.4 FWIW.

I know people are suspecting that there will be a harsher Sunday drop than TFA had, but I thot I would throw that number out there.

I'm simply not expecting that because there won't be as much spillover from Saturday. Depends on how big of an effect the weather has had.

• Like 3

Just now, Porthos said:

65% of TFA's Sun = 39.4 FWIW.

I know people are suspecting that there will be a harsher Sunday drop than TFA had, but I thot I would throw that number out there.

TFA was a couple of days further along n the calendar so more schools were out on Monday so I expect a bigger drop.  That and the w/e wasn't nearly as big which means there will be less sold outs shows probably leading to less spill over on Monday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JonathanLB said:

There aren't really any close comparisons though. Are you going to use summer blockbusters because that's basically what Rogue One is? Or TFA because it's the same brand and same opening frame? Or various LOTR movies because of December openers and multiples and whatnot? I'm not saying it's all bad data, it'll give you an idea for sure, but your assumptions are only as good as the underlying data. What if I just decided Rogue One is very similar to Tron so I plug that in and voila I get $600M+. Or I decide it's one of the weakest Hobbits and it crawls its way to $450M.

It's up to you whether you feel like trying to get accurate numbers or not. :lol: 

For my little sheet, I used SHERLOCK HOLMES 2 as a baseline (same date for opening, plus same year where Christmas Eve and NYE fell on a Saturday), I adjusted some days based on how I feel 2016 has been acting (basically, bigger Tuesday jumps, bigger Wednesday falls), then also made some adjustments using TFA.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I'm simply not expecting that because there won't be as much spillover from Saturday. Depends on how big of an effect the weather has had.

I think weather has been a pretty big factor. Hopefully not too damaging long term. I still think everyone will go see this that has ever been a SW fan. Should have a good run from here. IMO.

• Like 1

Rogue One really needs to debut with at least $150 million. Winter weather has had less of an impact in southern indiana(where I live) but more up north of like Layfayette(Purdue Country) and towards Illinois it's bad and more worse on the other side towards Fort Wayne.