Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

I could've swore Goffe or Noctis ranked the prequels higher than some of the OT also.

Maybe a Harry Potter fanboy thing? :kitschjob:

The OT is unwatchable. ROTS and AOTC are good. TFA is decent/meh, TPM is bleah.

5 minutes ago, Alli said:

Agh   you were the only one excited to see the movie  which btw has a rating one percent better than After Earth.

I'm always down for a trainwreck but everyone else has been turned off by the horrible reviews (and I sure as hell ain't paying to see it myself) and there's too much else worth saving up to see (Jackie, Fences, Hidden Figures, etc.) over the holidays.

Oh well, we're still seeing Passengers. lol.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

Stover is a great writer! ? He did a sensational job with Shatterpoint and Rots. And Traitor, which is a separate book of course. Him and Luceno were my favorites. 

The 'dark lord' trilogy gives us much more personality to Vader that we didn't get to see in Rots.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm always down for a trainwreck but everyone else has been turned off by the horrible reviews (and I sure as hell ain't paying to see it myself) and there's too much else worth saving up to see (Jackie, Fences, Hidden Figures, etc.) over the holidays.

Oh well, we're still seeing Passengers. lol.

:apocalypse:

Just now, FilmBuff said:

Stover is a great writer! ? He did a sensational job with Shatterpoint and Rots. And Traitor, which is a separate book of course. Him and Luceno were my favorites. 

The 'dark lord' trilogy gives us much more personality to Vader that we didn't get to see in Rots.

Luceno is definitely my favorite SW author moreso than Timothy Zahn.   

6 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Maybe.... If it actually did 40m+.... But I'm very, very skeptical.

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Not gonna lie, maybe not for all the right reasons either, but Obi Wan riding around on that giant lizard is my favorite part of any PT Star Wars. It's just... Outrageous, fun, alive, bizarre and epitomizes Lucas' go for broke imagination in the movie.

Yes!! Boga alone made me super excited to see the film when I was in third grade!! (I love giant monsters/creatures)

I still have the Boga action figure!!

I agree Order 66 could've had more impact.

Not necessarily Red Wedding impact but a complete shocker that gives you a grave sense of loss and sadness.

Better story telling would've built up that moment as cleverly as Game of Thrones did.

Wasted opportunity #289 from the prequels.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

I would rank it higher than Jedi the half of the movie spent at Jabba's palace was such a waste a prologue that forgot it was a prologue

Han Solo's rescue, the speeder chase and Vader's redemption are head and shoulders above anything from the prequels imo.

They rank as some of the best moments in the movie franchise.

I know most people put ANH and ESB on the highest pedestal but I have way more fun watching the first and third act of ROTJ.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 5