John Marston

Wednesday Box Office - (Asgard pg 17) R1 about 15, Sing 11, Ass 4.5, Pass 4.1, Moana 2.2

2 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Passengers got an ok B CinemaScore 

I thought movies got an A- on cinemascore for simply being good?  The only movies that got Bs were really awful or really, really, arthouse good.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  Cinemascore is garbage.

23 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Totally on topic: Just saw Fantastic Beasts. Did the board like it? I thought it was abysmal. 

No, it was one of the worst blockbusters I've ever seen in fact. I thought it was a complete piece of shit. Aside from being unbelievably boring (was this an Awards movie?! It should be!), the "acting" was terrible, Eddie has the same dumbfounded look on his face the ENTIRE MOVIE, like, "They paid me $15 million for this? Wow. I'm dumbfounded." The effects were good, I guess? The movie's "plot" was pointless, like most of the dialogue, and the ending was poorly done on top of that. I have nothing nice to say about Fantastic Beasts. As you said, it was abysmal. If there's a worse major blockbuster in the last 5 years, I didn't see it. 

1 minute ago, ThePanda A Star Wars Story said:

Or maybe she's just a person who's successful at her career, and we shouldn't scrutinize the personas of our movie stars like we do (or should do) to our politicians.  :ph34r:

I like J-Law but recently she has come off a bit oddly egotistical. I don't remember it being this way at all a few years back but maybe she just took the meta humor a bit too much?

Idk talking about actors this way is weird we want them to be relatable to us because we like them but they have on average a standard of living considerably different and paygrade far above ours. I try not to take their personalities or stuff that I see to heart, I just look at their work.

Except Tom Hanks that guy is a national fucking treasure and I just know he's super down to earth.

2 hours ago, picores said:

Sing O/U Moana domestic?

It's probably going to hit in about the same range. I expect the two will have final totals within $20m of each other.

Though it shouldn't happen, because Sing looks like the cinematic equivalent of American politics. Go for quality, people. Watch Moana.

• Like 5

Regarding Fantastic Beasts, I don't get all the hate. It wasnn't perfect for sure but really harmless. I watched it twice and it seemed such a crowd-pleaser!  The audience applauded wholeheartedly at the end, they laughed hard at times and some even got emotional in the end. It was a very solid 7/10 maybe 8/10. 

I won't even talk about the trash talk about Redmayne. He is the most gifted actor of his generation. He wasn't at he best as Newt, although pretty good, but his performances for The theory of everything and The Danish Girl are pieces of art for the ages.. He is such a genuinely talented actor. 

1 minute ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Regarding Fantastic Beasts, I don't get all the hate. It wasnn't perfect for sure but really harmless. I watched it twice and it seemed such a crowd-pleaser!  The audience applauded wholeheartedly at the end, they laughed hard at times and some even got emotional in the end. It was a very solid 7/10 maybe 8/10. 

I won't even talk about the trash talk about Redmayne. He is the most gifted actor of his generation. He wasn't at he best as Newt, although pretty good, but his performances for The theory of everything and The Danish Girl are pieces of art for the ages.. He is such a genuinely talented actor. 

http://imagesmtv-a.akamaihd.net/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:mtv.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/jupiter-ascending-3-1424701644.gif?quality=.8&height=240&width=500

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

I like J-Law but recently she has come off a bit oddly egotistical. I don't remember it being this way at all a few years back but maybe she just took the meta humor a bit too much?

Idk talking about actors this way is weird we want them to be relatable to us because we like them but they have on average a standard of living considerably different and paygrade far above ours. I try not to take their personalities or stuff that I see to heart, I just look at their work.

Except Tom Hanks that guy is a national fucking treasure and I just know he's super down to earth.

What I'm trying to say is that I really think we should just acknowledge that the people in the film industry are normal people, with a lot of spotlight, and thus stop judging them for every little thing.  I don't know Jennifer Lawrence, I only see (some) of her interviews and movies.  I have no idea if she's fake, or a perfectly nice person, nor should I really care.  

The only time I really care is if it's a Nate Parker type of case, where I'd be supporting somebody who got away with rape.  

I think it's fine to discuss different individuals based on the merits of their trade, but why discuss how good/bad a person is who you've never even met (unless they're an elected official, which in that case you can argue that it matters that you know)?

Edited by ThePanda A Star Wars Story
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

What hate? lol

It's gotten positive WOM and positive critical reception. 

16 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

No, it was one of the worst blockbusters I've ever seen in fact. I thought it was a complete piece of shit. Aside from being unbelievably boring (was this an Awards movie?! It should be!), the "acting" was terrible, Eddie has the same dumbfounded look on his face the ENTIRE MOVIE, like, "They paid me $15 million for this? Wow. I'm dumbfounded." The effects were good, I guess? The movie's "plot" was pointless, like most of the dialogue, and the ending was poorly done on top of that. I have nothing nice to say about Fantastic Beasts. As you said, it was abysmal. If there's a worse major blockbuster in the last 5 years, I didn't see it. 

Jesus Christ LMFAO

• Like 2

so about a 14.5% drop, not bad all things considered.

Sure TFA didn't drop at all last year, but the week didn't play the same way, it was closer to Christmas.

For reference, Sherlock Holmes 2 dropped 17% in 2011, so somewhat in the same range.

@Grand Moff Tele what kind of drop did you have setup for Wed?

• Like 1