FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

4 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

2005 and 2011 do not compare well.  And neither is 2017.  Probably tv networks have a different way of impacting the audiences everytime these calendar dates line up

and the animated offerings are more four quadrant these days giving them better holds and increases than previously with the likes of Alvin, etc.

I think they started in 2008 to add the previews to Fridays (I still do not like that), so the difference between 2005 and today is even worse, as the 1st weekend drop will be changed in a ~ basic (term?) way.

it makes me so mad how fast Doctor Strange and Fantastic Beasts got to 200M soo fast and these 2 weeks were the perfect opportunity for them to coast to 250.  Instead theater counts just got yanked.  Arrival's chances to 100M were like instantly killed. Seems it will top out at 95 and will need like a huge Oscar win to push to 100M.  ughhh.  and Trolls could have added a few more million too with its heavy commercial appeal.  Allied and Almost Christmas had a chance at passing 45.   The booking this year was just wierd.  Bad Santa 2 in 52 theaters now

**Doctor Strange should have kept extra 3D showings, FB should have more than 2 showings/day

Edited by Matrix4You

14 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

it makes me so mad how fast Doctor Strange and Fantastic Beasts got to 200M soo fast and these 2 weeks were the perfect opportunity for them to coast to 250.  Instead theater counts just got yanked.  Arrival's chances to 100M were like instantly killed. Seems it will top out at 95 and will need like a huge Oscar win to push to 100M.  ughhh.  and Trolls could have added a few more million too with its heavy commercial appeal.  Allied and Almost Christmas had a chance at passing 45.   The booking this year was just wierd.  Bad Santa 2 in 52 theaters now

**Doctor Strange should have kept extra 3D showings, FB should have more than 2 showings/day

Isn't the number of theaters decided by supply and demand.

@Rallax@Rallax

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

It happens all the time. Christmas releases need screens.

• Like 2

it makes me so mad how fast Doctor Strange and Fantastic Beasts got to 200M soo fast and these 2 weeks were the perfect opportunity for them to coast to 250. Instead theater counts just got yanked. Arrival's chances to 100M were like instantly killed. Seems it will top out at 95 and will need like a huge Oscar win to push to 100M. ughhh. and Trolls could have added a few more million too with its heavy commercial appeal. Allied and Almost Christmas had a chance at passing 45. The booking this year was just wierd. Bad Santa 2 in 52 theaters now

Movies just don't stay in theaters very long anymore, nearly all start losing screens after the second week.

People rush out to see movies on the opening weekend, smaller movies have a hard time breaking out because great word of mouth is so hard to develop.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Isn't the number of theaters decided by supply and demand.

@Rallax@Rallax

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

I don´t think so.

Last year with TFA and its record run, it was losing theatres in a non logical way and maybe this hurted for arrive to the magical number of 1000 million.

I don´t know exactly how this works, but i think not always is related to box office success losing screens and thatres.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

Makes me so sad that bad movies like Doctor Strange and FB are making money.

I wouldn't say that Doctor Strange is a bad movie (never cared about any Harry Potter) but it's definitely unremarkable, I can barely recall any of it after having seen it once. The funny thing is that Marvel movies keep getting high praise left and right. 

• Like 2

Star Wars: The Force Awakens">TFA and its record run, it was losing theatres in a non logical way and maybe this hurted for arrive to the magical number of 1000 million.

I don´t know exactly how this works, but i think not always is related to box office success losing screens and thatres.

The only thing I was confused about is why Disney didn't delay TFA bluray and dvd release for another month or two, but they had the standard 16 weeks until it was on video. They left money on the table. They did the same with Frozen.

I think it was just GREED.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, setna said:

I don´t think so.

Last year with TFA and its record run, it was losing theatres in a non logical way and maybe this hurted for arrive to the magical number of 1000 million.

It's simply a fact of theaters having to make room for new releases. Number of screens is limited and with each and every week, more and more movies are coming out. Not much you can do really (Even if you're the most successful movie ever)...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

The only thing I was confused about is why Disney didn't delay TFA bluray and dvd release for another month or two, but they had the standard 16 weeks until it was on video. They left money on the table. They did the same with Frozen.

I think it was just GREED.

And what for exactly?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Jeremy Jahn's did his top 10 for 2016...

His number one was...

Reveal hidden contents

What, NOT the Star Wars movie? Stop kidding us, man.

Lol at this guy REVIEWING Star Wars movies wearing his Star Wars cape. A complete and utter travesty.