FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

So, um, I decided to take a look at how R1 is doing at the reserved seating locations in Sacks of Tomatoes.

Um.

Huh.

Don't expect a low number.

I mean, it's ancedotal.  And not methodical. But, yeah. 

(Fandango is also pretty sluggish right now, but that might just be me)

• Like 7

Just now, Porthos said:

So, um, I decided to take a look at how R1 is doing at the reserved seating locations in Sacks of Tomatoes.

Um.

Huh.

The showing I'm thinking of going to is nearly sold out. That still has another few hours to go and that theater is big on walk-ups compared to others around here.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jayhawk said:

Possible. If it holds very strong today and continues through the week, it could happen. Not super likely.

One can dream.

Makes following the numbers just that more exciting, doesn't it? :P

moCqNpH.gif

• Like 5

Also expect a REALLY good number from Sing today:

Pulse:

Sing

R1

R1 3D

Moana

Passengers

MT is about to update, but here is the before 'the update on the tens' update:

R1: 31.6

Sing: 30.5

Moana: 6.4

Passengers: 5.0

La La Land: 4.2

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Um.

Huh.

Earlier today movietickets.com was tweeting that it was having operational issues.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, trifle said:

Earlier today movietickets.com was tweeting that it was having operational issues.

Yep.  Looks like it's crashed again.  Trying to get an update, and I can't reach their servers right now.

• Like 1

So this tweet has everybody in their feelings. Cinnabon deleted it. IDK if I should be like "you're just cashing in on the celebrity death" or if I should be like "it's just a funny tribute." I think I lean more towards the tribute. Not like they put info about their latest cinnamon roll sale in it.

• Like 17

5 minutes ago, jandrew said:

So this tweet has everybody in their feelings. Cinnabon deleted it. IDK if I should be like "you're just cashing in on the celebrity death" or if I should be like "it's just a funny tribute." I think I lean more towards the tribute. Not like they put info about their latest cinnamon roll sale in it.

That's a sweet tribute.

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Um.

Huh.

No not just you. When I went to buy my tickets they were selling like hot cakes 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nova said:

No not just you. When I went to buy my tickets they were selling like hot cakes 

Don't be surprised if Sing has a monster day as well.  Checking about, it's crushing it as well at reserved seating locations.  In fact, I won't be completely surprised if Sing outsells R1 today, thanks to walkups.

Stronger then expected sales for R1 AND Sing might be why the ticket sellers are experiencing sluggishness; they didn't reserve bandwidth for this amount of interest.

Maybe.  Possibly.  We'll see.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, jandrew said:

So this tweet has everybody in their feelings. Cinnabon deleted it.  

edit

Never mind.  Might have been bitten by false info. 

Edited by Porthos

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Apparently they deleted it because they've been making a habit of doing this recently, and went to the well once too often.  If George Michael hadn't passed away just a few days ago, it probably wouldn't be fresh in some folks memory.

Yes, this particular one was, dare I say it, a sweet and appropriate tribute.  But if one overdoes something, it can be taken the wrong way.

No folks probably shouldn't have gotten upset at Cinnabon, but I can see why some did.

They better call Saul! He can calm the masses down