FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

4 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Hilarious reading the RO OW thread now. When the preview #s came in, everyone was freaking out. The most hilarious moments in retrospect were a large amount of people assuming bad WOM and a really low multi for the Holidays based only off the preview #.

Those damn kids...

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Yeah, it's hilarious to see the conventional wisdom change in like 7 hours. From "Under 130m OW is possible. May only get 3.1x multi" to "Holy shit, that's a big #."

It's funny, I haven't seen a couple of those specific members around lately...

• Like 10

Sing Universal $17,515,525 -11% 4,022 $4,355   $93,059,795
Almost Christmas Universal $41,615 -38% 242 $172   $41,824,080
The Secret Life of Pets Universal $16,845 -11% 107 $157   $368,341,700

Nocturnal Animals Focus $63,117 -23% 192 $329   $9,875,772
Loving Focus $19,833 -23% 75 $264   $7,369,820
A Monster Calls Focus $4,859 -34% 4 $1,215   $43,126

Incarnate High Top Rel. $2,122 -26% 27 $79   $4,795,578

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

The best thing about all this is that we finally have two data points we can use to triangulate Episode 8 once its numbers begin to roll in.

This, and also TFA/R1 show that other large-but-not-huge openers like THE HOBBIT are reasonable comps as well. 

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

WB will not be releasing actuals?

They are often - perhaps beside the days the open something huge - one of the last to report. This weekend's numbers at BOM are still marked 'estimates' (Sony too)

Also usual rather late out of the ones with middle high... are often A24 and Lionsgate

18 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Actually best moment was rth's math screwup. Range went from 64-68 to 69-73 and Baumer's club died and the Rebellion was crushed.

That was really unfortunate because  I was in the theater and I didn't get a chance to change pants from that immense fuckery.

• Like 3

Just now, terrestrial said:

They are often - perhaps beside the days the open something huge - one of the last to report. This weekend's numbers at BOM are still marked 'estimates' (Sony too)

Also usual rather late out of the ones with middle high... are often A24 and Lionsgate

I know that they are late but that's not the case. I was talking for not releasing actuals through the weekends!

11 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Has a consensus been reached on whether or not Arrival reaches $100M? Seems like it will fall short as I think Oscar nomination legs will be very short to non-existent for it.

Depends on whether or not Paramount wants to give it a proper expansion after nominations are announced. $95m-ish seems like the range for now, though. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Looks like Rogue One being dark isn't hurting the movie at all

Bit of a late response here but I'd say the only thing that would slow down Star Wars at this point is younglings being slaughtered onscreen. I can imagine even kids going crazy during those final few minutes and then playing out THAT scene as they leave the theater. Hell, I'm an adult and it made me want to do that! :D

1 minute ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I know that they are late but that's not the case. I was talking for not releasing actuals through the weekends!

I spoke about both - no weekend actuals yet, and how late they are often ;)

If you want to try to see for yourself ( I look every few minutes) here is the link for Tuesday directly, who knows, maybe you refresh just the moment thy add those

http://www.the-numbers.com/box-office-chart/daily/2016/12/27

and the one for Minday directly

http://www.the-numbers.com/box-office-chart/daily/2016/12/26

the moment WB appears on one or both of those, the weekend too should be updated

• Like 1