FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread (Dec-30-Jan 2nd) 3/4-day #s R1 49.5m/64.3m, Sing 42.8m/56.4m, Pass 16.15m/20.7m, Moana 10.97m/14.3m, WH 10.6m/13m, Fences 10m/12.7m

4 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Mojo says Disney earned $3000.8 billion for 2016.

Isn't that based the estimates still? See charts...

Or can you please point out where to find it, I'd like to look up the other companies too.

10 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think many guys like Mary Poppins or Sound of Music and have no issue listening to songs in TLK or Frozen.

But something like Glee? 

Nah

His post stated that you have to be a woman to enjoy musicals and he wouldn't know anything about it just because he's a guy. So no.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Or can you please point out where to find it, I'd like to look up the other companies too.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/?view=company&view2=yearly&yr=2016&p=.htm

Might still be estimates, and with it SO close, just $845k above the mark! 

WB had their best year since 2010.

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?yr=2016&view=company&studio=buenavista.htm

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/?view=company&view2=yearly&yr=2016&p=.htm

Edited by Finnick
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnick said:

I meant if he found the article... outside the estimated charts, but still thank you for giving the links :)

• Like 1

Question:

if I reply to some posts per multi-quote and those get maybe moved in the meanwhile, where dos my post going to? If I try to find a rather big one per my last activities I can not find it. 

• Like 1

Continuing in hyperdrive, has crossed the $800M mark at the global box office

Box Office: Zooms Past $800 Million Worldwide via by

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Question:

if I reply to some posts per multi-quote and those get maybe moved in the meanwhile, where dos my post going to? If I try to find a rather big one per my last activities I can not find it. 

I don't think anything would happen to your post, but admittedly it's just a guess. If you were still in the process of selecting posts and one was moved, I guess it's possible it would get de-selected. But again, I'm guessing here. 

The updated weekend box office figures are in, and Walt Disney’s Rogue One: A Star Wars Story has now earned $801.9 million worldwide after just under three weeks of global theatrical play. The film made $16 million on Monday, a drop of just 4% from Sunday and a drop of 50% from its previous Monday. ...

Its 18-day domestic total is $440.9 million

..... but relative comparisons argue around $6.5-$8m for today which will bring it just under $450m domestic, a milestone it will cross tomorrow on its 20th day of release. 

.... still looking at an over/under $550m domestic total. Rogue One also earned $11 million overseas for a $361m overseas cume. T.... the United Kingdom ($66.7m), Germany ($35m), France ($30m) Australia ($28m) and Japan ($26m). Everything else is below $13m ....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/01/03/rogue-one-box-office-star-wars-zooms-past-800-million-worldwide/#17e7e42f15fd

pfft, not a real number

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

I don't think anything would happen to your post, but admittedly it's just a guess. If you were still in the process of selecting posts and one was moved, I guess it's possible it would get de-selected. But again, I'm guessing here. 

I answered to different posters, it is complete lost it seems 

Maybe I find out later, sometimes it can be a time-stamp thingie...

11 hours ago, elcaballero said:

:blink:

Yeah. And its kind of a weird story. The Alchemist only came out in 1988 (in Brazil), and Coelho apparently wrote the entire thing in 2 weeks. The publisher who accepted it said it was an ok book, good enough to publish but only barely, and he shouldn't get his hopes up. And they weren't entirely wrong because it sat, selling slowly, for like a decade. Then someone translated it into French, it was an instant huge hit, and has solid 5+ million copies/year since then.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 1