FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread (Dec-30-Jan 2nd) 3/4-day #s R1 49.5m/64.3m, Sing 42.8m/56.4m, Pass 16.15m/20.7m, Moana 10.97m/14.3m, WH 10.6m/13m, Fences 10m/12.7m

15 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

I won't be surprised if Star Wars falls by about 50% today. All the kids are still off school and the movie theater was pretty busy today. So I'm going to call around and a million-dollar Tuesday.

Tried to do some research on that, and I don't know how many school districts in the US are out at the moment.  Not many though, I'd guess.

*checks*

Hey, whadda ya know.  School districts in Sacramento are out this week.  At least my local one is.  Every bit helps. :)

Edited by Porthos

Just now, Porthos said:

Tried to do some research on that, and I don't know how many school districts in the US are out at the moment.  Not many though, I'd guess.

*checks*

Hey, whadda ya know.  School districts in Sacramento are out.  At least my local one is.  Every bit helps. :)

Mine is still off too

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

And yet they still had a much better year than most studios. Fox Searchlight made only $30M last year if you take out 2015 holdover Brooklyn, yikes.

True although Ab Fab was successful for them OS making a nice profit from just the UK alone. 

Amazon Studios had a great year along with STX. 

3 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

5 years ago, MI:4 & SH2 fell 61% & 57% between them from Monday to Tuesday. 

The post-festivities  comedown is quite brutal. 

Yep. This is exactly what I'm anticipating. Get ready folks.

Just now, robertman2 said:

What did the vastly superior sequel make adjusted?

Not as hot:

Gremlins 2:
The New Batch

Domestic Total Adj. Gross: $84,435,400

(using 2016 ticket prices because for some reason BOM has the avg ticket price for 2017 lower than 2016)

40 minutes ago, Porthos said:

*checks*

Hey, whadda ya know.  School districts in Sacramento are out this week.  At least my local one is.  Every bit helps. :)

LAUSD is off all this week. Kids go back on the 9th. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

Gremlins 3 will probably premiere during the Trump Presidency. :)

He'd probably cameo and own a Gremlin named Pussy, whom he likes to grab.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

Just now, robertman2 said:

Like his cameo in Home Alone 2?

Yep, except he plays the president trying to stop the Gremlins from being legal citizens by building a wall/deportation force lead by Gizmo, who denies his own race.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

So, who do we root for?

The movie ends with Kim Jong Un and his Gremlin ($5 Dorrar voiced by Tyler Perry) nuking America. The sequel is on track for 2020, in Gremlins V. Minions: War on Comic Reliefs.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1