grim22

Black Adam | October 21, 2022 | New Line | Don't worry, it's a hit. Dwayne Johnson says so!

15 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

I don't think her screentime in TSS was less than in the original film (well, the final theatrical cut made by the trailer company anyway). The sequel used her very effectively.

I just think Robbie's version of the character skews younger in appeal so appearing in TWO R-rated films wasn't the best choice on her (and WB's) part.

I feel like her popularity as the character was lightning in a bottle. Or maybe WB just couldn't capitalize on it since 2016.

10 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

I feel like her popularity as the character was lightning in a bottle. Or maybe WB just couldn't capitalize on it since 2016.

I think BIRDS OF PREY will hold up better in the long run than either of the two SS movies...but it wasn't successful even pre-pandemic, unfortunately...  Yeah, ideally (in a non-pandemic, Birds of Prey-successful world) there would have been a Harley Quinn 2 by now, and Gunn's SS should have been rated PG-13 (leave the R-rated for streaming/home video).  And yeah, I bet Robbie is a bit miffed that Gaga will now steal some of her thunder...but no actor has a license on who can play a character, unfortunately...  

1 minute ago, Macleod said:

I think BIRDS OF PREY will hold up better in the long run than either of the two SS movies...but it wasn't successful even pre-pandemic, unfortunately...  Yeah, ideally (in a non-pandemic, Birds of Prey-successful world) there would have been a Harley Quinn 2 by now, and Gunn's SS should have been rated PG-13 (leave the R-rated for streaming/home video).  And yeah, I bet Robbie is a bit miffed that Gaga will now steal some of her thunder...but no actor has a license on who can play a character, unfortunately...  

I mean, I liked Robbie's Harley but it would've never fit into Joker 2 , they are definitely going to go for something different on that one. And unfortunately for her, the first SS was so bad it basically poisoned the character too.

• Like 1

Agree and not suggesting Robbie should be/should have been in Phillips/Phoenix universe, either...

...but back to that BLACK ADAM... I'm still debating whether Brosnan's Doctor Fate will drag me to a matinee or not...but that's the most they'll get out of me!

Edited by Macleod

3 hours ago, Macleod said:

I disagree b/c it also was a movie that didn't understand the concept of the characters it was putting in a story...

I had as much problem with Cassandra Cain as I did with the MoS fight scenes and concept of Superman...

You can't recover if you get the core of the character wrong.  At best, since Birds of Prey was an ensemble, it's less damaging to really completely miss on the core concept of a character, but it still hurts...a lot...especially when that character is in a lot of the movie...

But to bring this back to Black Adam, at least it seems they HAVE the core concept of that character right...so if nothing else, fans will probably embrace the character (and possibly the movie, but we'll see about that)...

• ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, Macleod said:

Agree and not suggesting Robbie should be/should have been in Phillips/Phoenix universe, either...

...but back to that BLACK ADAM... I'm still debating whether Brosnan's Doctor Fate will drag me to a matinee or not...but that's the most they'll get out of me!

Find a friend with TMobile - have them give you tomorrow's $5 off code...feel better about going anytime...

If I had to put a tag on it I would say that this is the superhero equivalent of John Wick and I freaking love John Wick. While I don’t hold it at the same regard as JW, it was a couple of very enjoyable hours. The Rock’s  passion  shows through the screen and I know the standard is low but this os his best performance. Brosnan is THE scene stealer. Some gripes aside, it is worth of a big screen viewing. 

Yes, I had goosebumps during THAT scene because I have been waiting for it for almost 5 years.

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Eric Adam said:

Unnecessarily hyping up a first round T20 match when neither team is in the favorites to win. But good of The Rock to keep abreast of literally every big event happening now to help promote Black Adam

Edited by grim22