kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

23 minutes ago, hw64 said:

Huge faux pas for you to even dare to mention the effects of market expansion, especially in a Marvel movie thread.

Take this sh*t somewhere else, it’s not like it hasn’t been discussed eleventy-billion times on this board.

7 hours ago, Essem said:
Spoiler

Is Feige's strategy to introduce the big x-men characters one by one to boost numerous films going forward?
Put Xavier in one, Wolverine in the next, then Magneto and so on.

Spoiler

Yes, this was the rumor circulating a while ago...  

21 hours ago, PenguinXXR said:

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Official Trailer - 24HR Numbers - Main Channels

Youtube

26.2M Views, 1.42M Likes 

Instagram (Marvel Studios and Marvel)

14.8M Views, 2.68M Likes

Twitter 

15.5M Views, 340K Likes

Facebook

9.6M Views, 363K Likes 

If we comp this against NWH’s official trailer 24HR numbers and try to figure out the OW we get…

VS YouTube Main (31M) = $220M

VS Twitter Main (21.5M) = $187M

VS Instagram (Marvel Studios) = $265M

VS Facebook Main = $172M

$211M Average!

The math is undeniable!! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

I admit I missed that    

Spoiler

one of the voices urging Strange to be telling the Truth is Patrick Stewart. I have problems beleiving this is just a coindicence.

I have figured ever since the Multiverse stuff began it would be a very  logical way to bring The X men into the MCU.

41 minutes ago, PenguinXXR said:

If we comp this against NWH’s official trailer 24HR numbers and try to figure out the OW we get…

VS Facebook Main = $172M

$211M Average!

The math is undeniable!! 

Twitter is impressive as it counts all views (but Twitter views are very meaningless anyways), the rest don't work since NWH is split between Sony and Marvel accounts. 

Disney/Marvel’s Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness tops RelishMix’s annual Super Bowl trailer social media impact report with a great 93.12 million views in the 24 hours following Sunday’s NFL title game. 

Read, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse Of Madness‘ 93.12M traffic is more than double F9‘s 44.52M draw last year following the game, and close to five times the wattage of Black Widow‘s pre-pandemic Super Bowl trailer in 2020.  

Separately, Disney reports that the 30-second trailer of Doctor Strange 2 clocked 143M global online views in the 24 hours post-Super Bowl, as well as an incremental 55M broadcast views.  

https://deadline.com/2022/02/super-bowl-movie-ads-doctor-strange-jurassic-world-dominion-lotr-social-media-spikes-1234935270/

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

29 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

So i guess the trailer did 143M views online + whatever audience it gets on TV 

So behind only NWH / EG / IW, if i remember correctly.

Supposedly the "30-second" trailer, but I don't think that even got an official online release? Not sure what this actually means. But 143M would be a reasonable number for the actual trailer. They may be adding the 143m online views for the real trailer to the 55M broadcast views for the 30-second, and Deadline just got some wires crossed. 

• Like 3

Just now, Menor Reborn said:

Supposedly the "30-second" trailer, but I don't think that even got an official online release? Not sure what this actually means. But 143M would be a reasonable number for the actual trailer. They may be adding the 143m online views for the real trailer to the 55M broadcast views for the 30-second, and Deadline just got some wires crossed. 

Yeah i think Deadline messed the infos.

The full trailer is probably what get 143M online views, it did 100M just based on the biggest channels and without some platforms.

And the 55M broadcast is probably the 30s commercial which really wasn't released online officially.

But yeah, huge numbers, i'm very confident about 170-180M OW.

• Like 2

17 mill on twitter  now and 35 mill views on youtube along with 1,7 mill likes thats HUGE.The movie is also trending at 10-12 for 3 days  in my country and that says something here, this will be huge , i think this will explode bigger than many people expect.

4 minutes ago, john2000 said:

17 mill on twitter  now and 35 mill views on youtube along with 1,7 mill likes thats HUGE.The movie is also trending at 10-12 for 3 days  in my country and that says something here, this will be huge , i think this will explode bigger than many people expect.

I was just about to post that the views for the main YT video have now passed the first trailer (35.4 vs 35). I’m curious to see where it’ll end up. Feeling pretty good that OW will be somewhere in the IM3 to AOU range but I’m willing to accept more :) 

• Thanks 1

On 2/16/2022 at 1:39 AM, PenguinXXR said:

VS Facebook Main = $172M

$211M Average!

The math is undeniable!! 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

As someone who hasn't watched the second trailer (but has seen certain info while skimming), it's definitely a surprise to see it doing so many views. I'm just hoping I can keep up my current level of spoiler avoidance, but as the release comes closer I'll have to ramp up my game.

Will be interesting to see what this ends up doing with so much hype now, I'm just praying the omicron wave won't affect cinemas locally, I'd be enraged if there was a delay to getting to see this. Shang-Chi and Eternals I was unhappy about but could handle, but this would kill me lol.