kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

28 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

That’s a bit of a flawed comparison, unless you think this movie will make more than NWH. Besides, I didn’t even say that it wouldn’t be a big hit. Just that I can’t imagine it matching the hype that people had for NWH. 

My only point is that the idea of a concept having lost its pull after one movie is silly. This differs from IW in some pretty important respects of course (though IW was below TA adjusted anyway).

3 minutes ago, Weird Alegion said:

My only point is that the idea of a concept having lost its pull after one movie is silly. This differs from IW in some pretty important respects of course (though IW was below TA adjusted anyway).

I didn’t say the concept lost its pull, but it seems like it peaked early. 

Thing is, the gimmick for NWH is less the multiverse aspect in itself and more what crossed over with Spider-Man that was a marketing appeal for say nostalgic 2000s kids which brought in folks who aren't necessarily of the MCU faithful. What's been rumored/alleged for DS2 will excite the MCU faithful sure but anybody else outside of it? I mean yeah some bits will intrigue some but not on the level of say NWH and what it offered.

Spoiler

Seeing Patrick Stewart potentially again is cool as always, and God knows alot of folks had hoped he or McKellen's Magneto would pop up in Wandavision during that run. I mean think of how much the Internet lost themselves when Evan Peters played Quicksilver again...even if it was not really his QS. Jackman being Wolverine again would be a big OH CRAP reaction, but I would be surprised if they did get him to return but hey crazier things have happened. Just look at NWH. 

Let's not forget that after NWH, there is one upcoming MCU film left on that re-negotiated Sony/Marvel deal that Holland will appear in. I've assumed it was DS2 so hey, potential Holland variations in play. Just saying. 

Evans popping up as Johnny Storm again could touch a slight nerve with 2000s kids, even if those FF movies aren't well-regarded. It's why part of that rumor being that Jessica Alba would also show up as her Sue Storm would add to that. Hell since Mr. Fantastic allegedly is part of the Illuminati in one dimension...get Ioan Gruffudd, even though rumors are its actually going to be the actor that'll play MCU Reed Richards. 

Personally if we're getting Evans to make an appearance here, I would prefer he play Captain Hydra (which also has been rumored.) I could imagine Evans having fun playing as an evil Cap variation. 

Other rumors:

Captain Carter, this is a given at this point. At some point during What If ? production, Marvel clearly had a hardon for this concept and that's cool I dig it. I'm always down for some more Hayley Atwell. 

Bruce Campbell playing OG white Nick Fury, with stogie. We all know Sam Raimi loves his Campbell cameos. 

Tom Cruise as Iron Man (Not rumored at all, but Tom Selleck playing old man Stark would be a hoot.)

Emily Blunt as Black Widow (we haven't heard that one in a dog's age but just adding here for completist's sake. Many potential actresses could suit up for this one-off thing.)

Hiddleston/Owen Wilson/Martino have been rumored to reprise their Loki gigs. God knows the Internet would love it if Gator Loki pops here for the hell of it too. 

If I'm King Kevin just for the friendly trolling, have a Hawkeye variation and it's played by Stephen Amell