kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

47 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I can't agree. it interesting to see how DC and Marvel use the same basic concept in different ways.

And nobody likes a Topic Nazi Anyway.

And DC was the first to use the multivers concept..way back in 1961 with " FLash Of Two Worlds" where the Silver Age Flash meets the GOlden Age Flash. Probably one of the most inlfuential single comic book stories of all time.

And I would like to see the original World War Two  Nick Fury show up in a Multiverse...

I'm not trying to be a topic nazi. My main gripe was the assertion that Endgame didn't delve into the multiverse, when it did.

I see where it could be interesting to compare the DC and Marvel approaches to the concept, but that can really muddy the waters, especially when the debate is whether something represents "just time travel" or a multiverse scenario.

I know DC did lots of things before Marvel. It is unfortunate that those things do not include writing characters with personality.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Lol, did this thread really become a fanboy war based on nothing but a rumor from that Daniel guy?

LOL yeah. I was trying to avoid it, and my barb at DC characters is mostly a joke. Although Bruce Wayne is like Tony Stark without personality, and not as intelligent.

I do have to give DC credit for one thing. Their children's shows are way, way better than Marvel's. Worlds better. Marvel has nothing like The Lego Batman Movie, for example. Out of my four kids, three are growing up bigger fans of DC than Marvel. I tell them that DC has set them up for a lifetime of disappointment. Sure, the shows they like now are great, but when they become adults it'll be a different story.

18 hours ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

If they go with alternate Stark I hope they use Timothy Olyphant instead of Tom Cruise. 

Everyone (or is it anyone? Typical example of being not sure about another language’s correct term) is in in my opinion a better choice than Tom Cruise (as already stated I really can not stand him, like at all). I’d take a 4y old without any acting experience over him. Or - preferably - an 80y old actor with lots of experience.

I know it’s early to ask, but I’ll ask anyway. With Doctor Strange: In The Multiverse Of Madness currently set to release to theaters on March 25th 2022, I’m guessing that the teaser trailer could be released online in or around September 2021 or October 2021? I remember that Captain Marvel’s teaser trailer released in September 2018 before its theatrical release in March 2019. 

Edited by Sean B

26 minutes ago, sabrecmc said:

Forget Tom Cruise, if they are doing multiverse Starks, they should do Natasha Stark and really throw everyone off when she kisses her husband, Captain America.

My favorite thing is,

1. this really exists

2. They literally had them get married in uniform, so if you just like Photoshop off the little veil it looks like their male counterparts are making out. Lol

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

On 9/22/2020 at 2:15 PM, doublejack said:

LOL yeah. I was trying to avoid it, and my barb at DC characters is mostly a joke. Although Bruce Wayne is like Tony Stark without personality, and not as intelligent.

I do have to give DC credit for one thing. Their children's shows are way, way better than Marvel's. Worlds better. Marvel has nothing like The Lego Batman Movie, for example. Out of my four kids, three are growing up bigger fans of DC than Marvel. I tell them that DC has set them up for a lifetime of disappointment. Sure, the shows they like now are great, but when they become adults it'll be a different story.

You have not been reading the right Batman stories....

I suggest "The Dark Knight Returns",.

Edited by dudalb

On 10/3/2020 at 12:22 AM, Saul Goodman said:

I mean he's not wrong. Tony is a genius with way higher IQ than Bruce.

Actually, I think that trying to make B ruce Wayne into the Tony Stark of the DC universe was not a good idea.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

Bruce is a genius too. I guess people have the far toned downed Nolan Bruce as the Wayne template. 

Let's just say Stark and Wayne are genuises in different areas.

But this whole Stark vs Wayne thing has become another stupid DC vs Marvel debate and I should never have taken part in it.

• Like 4