kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

On 12/27/2020 at 12:54 PM, Saul Goodman said:

They have been shooting this super secretively since a month now. No set pics or anything leaked so far.

Oh please. We here this BS secret filming time and time again about movies, and it almost NEVER turns out to be true.

On 1/22/2021 at 9:21 PM, Fielding said:

I wish Raimi would drop out and Derrickson back in. Raimi's a big step down (with the exception of Drag Me To Hell and Spider-Man 2 all his stuff since The Quick And The Dead has been terribly stodgy and lifeless). 

Sorry, Derrickson has his shot at Dr Strange and in the eyes of many people pretty much blew it.

On 1/23/2021 at 12:21 AM, Macleod said:

Derrickson's Strange movie was a bore to me, so I'll have to disagree, here.  I'd take a Raimi joint anyday over Derrickson.  Having said that... yes, Raimi's OZ was a big bore, too!  I'm hoping the plot here allows Raimi to play a little more, though...  we'll see...  

I agreee that OZ was a huge misfire, but still, Raimi's overall record is better then Derricksons.

And as I stated just now, Derrickson has his chance with Strange and blew it.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2021 at 6:56 PM, Napoleon said:

I hope he doesn't phone it in like he did with Justice League, that was so generic and forgettable. Even the CW shows had better scores.

Eh he had like four months to totally redo th score. Not exactly the same as being on board from the start

19 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Eh he had like four months to totally redo th score. Not exactly the same as being on board from the start

Exactly.

Plus, Elfman's always had a really good relationship with Raimi (their falling out on Spiderman 2 notwithstanding) so they've already got a creative connection.

Elfman's work with Whedon on JL and Ultron were both basically last minute rehauls.

Edited by TerwillikerInst

1 hour ago, Sean B said:

Any chance we see a teaser trailer get released for Doctor Strange: In The Multiverse Of Madness in October on or before Halloween ?

Sure, there's a chance. It really just depends on how Marvel is going to start promoting things now that they have so much content coming. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VenomXXR said:

Sure, there's a chance. It really just depends on how Marvel is going to start promoting things now that they have so much content coming. 

Yeah, the big question mark is Black Widow.

Once that rolls out, I'm guessing Disney will analyse the numbers and plot the release strategy/promotion for the rest of the slate, from there. 

Assuming Marvel's trailer schedule for the movies is more or less back to normal post covid, well likely get the first Strange trailer with Eternals, or maybe depending on the timing it'll be that SDCC event in the fall.

Edit: realized it's March now, not May. Then maybe Shang-Chi?

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 2

On 2/11/2021 at 5:03 PM, dudalb said:

I agreee that OZ was a huge misfire, but still, Raimi's overall record is better then Derricksons.

And as I stated just now, Derrickson has his chance with Strange and blew it.

Only a person with no taste would look at Derrickson and say they prefer his vision-less, boilerplate style (or lack thereof) over Raimi's bonkers high-camp horror thing.