grim22

BOT's Top 25 Movies of 2016 Countdown. Reveal complete. Master list in first post.

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

So, which snubs would cause the biggest meltdowns?

10 Cloverfield Lane?

Kubo and the Two Strings?

Finding Dory?

Sing Street?

Sing Street. Definitely, 100% without a doubt Sing Street.

Spoiler

All from me, incidentally.

Edited by Eevin
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I tried to watch Sing Street a couple of times and didn't get very far.  It's still paused on Netflix at the bathroom slingshot scene that I just did not want to see.

WATCH IT

4 minutes ago, Eevin said:

WATCH IT

I will but later.  I've had a traumatic few weeks at the movies watching children orphaned, lost, menaced and abused.  The pending humiliation with the slingshot in the toilet was where I drew the line even if he was just a teenager.  

Then again, I've seen The Commitments and We Are The Best - so don't I already have this covered? :lol:

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

Right so, to be clear, out of the 10 films that have appeared thus far on this list, only 2 movies were also in my Top 25 list... which is equal to the number of movies that were also in my Bottom 15 list...

PLTZJRh.jpg

(Also, BvS? Seriously? What the fuck, BOM? That movie was ass.)

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Telemachos said:

If you haven't seen them, how would you know? :P 

I have actually seen plenty of them and many of them are pretty high on my list. I did fall asleep watching Manchester by the Sea on Friday though(finished it the next day, it was okay).

Plus I was drunk last night, stop quoting my drunk posts, just let them fade into oblivion. :unsure:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Matrix4You said:

I am scared the love for Star Wars is waning and Rogue One will not make the top 5!  I feel like back in 05, if we had this thing going ROTS would have been a lock for #1.  It would be impossible to get 89 lists for 2005, but it would be curious back in the day for what would have won?  Revenge of the Sith vs Goblet of Fire vs Narnia vs King Kong vs War of the Worlds vs Batman Begins vs Sin City

ROTS, Goblet or BB. No way any other movie had any serious chance of winning. C'mon. Narnia = Diet LOTR. King Loooong. Sin City = gimmick. War of the Worlds = maaaaybe but did it have more passionate fans than ROTS/Goblet/BB?