CJohn

The Oscars 2017 on ABC | 89th Academy Awards | Discuss It Live Here | Super Sale to Honor the Steve Harvey moment! (p124)

3 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Was the blunder "deliberate?"

Having worked with a Big 4 firm, literally no way this was deliberate, too much brand damage. PwC might just get removed as the official accountants over this entire thing. If not, I definitely see the 2 people in charge from PwC getting moved to a different division soon.

• Like 9

Because why not, for shits and gigs, since 2010, what BP noms/winners/whatever do you guys think "will be remembered" in X years? Then we can come back in X years and quote our posts and eat crow.

I want to include The Social Network because it's #2 all time, at one point #1, but I'm not so sure about people talking about it. It is at least moderately well agreed that it is the true BP of that year.

Going through the list of noms I'm actually struggling. Like WOWS, Gravity, Grand Budapest, Whiplash, and Mad Max. Those are my predicts. Gravity would be first to go.

Just now, Travod said:

Because why not, for shits and gigs, since 2010, what BP noms/winners/whatever do you guys think "will be remembered" in X years? Then we can come back in X years and quote our posts and eat crow.

I want to include The Social Network because it's #2 all time, at one point #1, but I'm not so sure about people talking about it. It is at least moderately well agreed that it is the true BP of that year.

Going through the list of noms I'm actually struggling. Like WOWS, Gravity, Grand Budapest, Whiplash, and Mad Max. Those are my predicts. Gravity would be first to go.

The only ones I'm 100% sure will still be talked about in 10+ years are Inception, Black Swan, Toy Story 3, Django Unchained, The Wolf of Wall Street, Gravity, Mad Max: Fury Road, The Martian, and The Revenant.

Just now, department store basement said:

The only ones I'm 100% sure will still be talked about in 10+ years are Inception, Black Swan, Toy Story 3, Django Unchained, The Wolf of Wall Street, Gravity, Mad Max: Fury Road, The Martian, and The Revenant.

I know I throw shade at it quite a lot, but I'm not at all convinced of REVENANT's longevity.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

How can movies that barely nobody saw can be remembered if these movies were only seen by a tiny cinephile elite that love to suck each other s cocks with their perfect movie tastes ?

What is the point in that ?

How can they be remembered if even the tiny cinephile elite that love to suck each other's cocks with their perfect movie tastes don't see them?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, department store basement said:

People still talk about Black Swan?  The only thing about it I still hear is the lesbian scene. 

Just now, Telemachos said:

It's truly crazy.

You would think after Miss Universe and now the Oscars, award organisers are going to try and not have cock ups like this happens at their shows.

On the plus side, it's going to give award hosts material for this year's Tony's, Emmys etc 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

It would shock me if LLL isn't remembered for a long time. I think Coolio said in a thread, but it will be a very popular go to for a number of demos.

I trust that humanity will realize that Singin' in the Rain farts on LLL lol

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

ATTENTION:

u8SQOFer3kMFy.gif

So earlier this evening I made a foolhardy claim that if Emma Stone lost Best Actress or LA LA LAND lost Best Picture, I'd do a special account sale for the forums. And, well, the cinema gods awarded me with a particularly wild bit of insanity.

So... to honor this moment that will go down in Oscar infamy, we're offering 50% off all Premium and Gold accounts (both monthly and yearly) until Friday.

50%... that means a Gold account is $7.50 for a month, $82 for a year. A Premium account is now $5/month, $55 for a year.

Have at it, folks!

P.S. If you already have a monthly account paid for, I believe you still can upgrade future months at the new price. Check with @Water Bottle on that.

Oh the irony. I wanted to give you a like for this, but ran out of them just right now :rofl:

BRB with premium

• Like 2