CJohn

The Oscars 2017 on ABC | 89th Academy Awards | Discuss It Live Here | Super Sale to Honor the Steve Harvey moment! (p124)

wtf...  I turned the tv off right after La La Land won.  Did not want to hear the boring speech.  I come back to this.  Im gonna sit on it for a few hours.  Maybe i fell and hit my head hard and none of this is real???   if it is true, then I guess that will be good for Moonlight for the box office

• Like 1

Just now, DAR said:

I know people say they feel bad for LLL but I'm not sure why.  It's won a ton awards and is a massive box office hit.  It's in a place most films would kill for.

Lionsgate had a great night overall, despite not winning BP La La Land is a huge hit for them critically and financially 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DAR said:

I know people say they feel bad for LLL but I'm not sure why.  It's won a ton awards and is a massive box office hit.  It's in a place most films would kill for.

Have you watched the video though? People feel bad for the people involved with LLL who had tasted a few seconds of heaven only to see it all crashing down on them. That's real fucking harsh.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, AABATTERY said:

I feel bad for the LLL people on stage. They looked pretty upset.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Probably cause they just got cucked out of their Best Picture title of the year.

I think they'll be fine 

• Like 3

• Community Manager
4 minutes ago, franfar said:

It wasn't his fault. He knew the thing was wrong

He clearly didn't know what to do. So confused. Gave it to his co-presenter who I'm guessing just saw the film title and read it. Whoops.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Matrix4You said:

wtf...  I turned the tv off right after La La Land won.  Did not want to hear the boring speech.  I come back to this.  Im gonna sit on it for a few hours.  Maybe i fell and hit my head hard and none of this is real???   if it is true, then I guess that will be good for Moonlight for the box office

It's coming out on DVD Tuesday so it probably won't see much of a boost, although I guess theaters will pick it back up to show it for a week or two despite being available for home viewing. Spotlight got a wide expansion last year after winning Best Picture despite being out on DVD too.

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

What did you think of the movie itself?

Haven't watched many movies last year. But I'm gonna get on Moonlight soon enough. 

I'd say the only Oscar nominated movies I watched in 2016 were Hidden Figures, Moana, Zootopia, SS, Rogue One, Doctor Strange, and Fantastic Beats. I've been busier as of late lmao.