CJohn

The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part | 2/8/2019 | Big Space Musical

Bring it back to Feb, Warner!

2017 is the perfect time for the Feb opening record of the Passion of the Christ to fall. By 2017 it will have already been 13 years. This thing would even have a shot to be the first to open north of 100M, the first in February history.

Been too long!

This is a long wait considering TLM1 released early 2014 and this one won't release till mid 2017. So it's 3 whole years plus some. As long as they get the script right it's totally worth it.

Edited by a2knet

Shawn, why? Just why? Why do you insist on hyping people. We are over 3 years away and people are now predicting over 400M DOM total. By the time we get to May 2017 500M DOM will be locked and when this does 375M it will be a legendary bomb :lol:

Because some men want to watch the forum burn
  • Like 3

I say people fail to appreciate the good thing about this: Warner Bros. dropped the whole 2015/2016 schedule fight. They seem to be off to scheduling their movies before anyone else does. Good thing we won't see another FF vs Hangover or the disaster 2015 is going to be.

• Like 4

• Founder / Operator

Shawn, why? Just why? Why do you insist on hyping people. We are over 3 years away and people are now predicting over 400M DOM total. By the time we get to May 2017 500M DOM will be locked and when this does 375M it will be a legendary bomb :lol:

WTF? :lol:Calm down there. I'm not even going to begin talking numbers. I'm talking the void left by Shrek as a pop culture humor animation franchise. This is the closest thing to it for families. That doesn't mean it's going to do Shrek 2 numbers by any means. It could drop from the current movie and still be a huge hit. Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 2

So when are we getting The Simpsons 2 movie? :P

In a very long time sadly... 

For Lego 2, 3 years and a half seems good. The animated sequels are never as fast as live-action movies. 3 years is good. The move in the summer is a good thing too as it was a free spot and I think others studios won't go against it so easily. It will have the Pixar or the Dreamworks as its only competition (both are scheduled 6/16, one will move)

WTF? :lol:Calm down there. I'm not even going to begin talking numbers. I'm talking the void left by Shrek as a pop culture humor animation franchise. This is the closest thing to it for families. That doesn't mean it's going to do Shrek 2 numbers by any means. It could drop from the current movie and still be a huge hit.

Despicable Me?

Also 3 years for an animated sequel seems perfectly fine. DM2 was a 3 year wait. All the Shreks hit on 3 year delays. Ice Age 2 was actually 4 years after the first, but they've hit on 3 year cycles since then.

• Like 1

WTF? :lol:Calm down there. I'm not even going to begin talking numbers. I'm talking the void left by Shrek as a pop culture humor animation franchise. This is the closest thing to it for families. That doesn't mean it's going to do Shrek 2 numbers by any means. It could drop from the current movie and still be a huge hit.

Calm down, I am just kidding with you :lol: 

• Like 1

Nikki Finke @NikkiFinke 1m

'Lego Movie' sequel set for May 26, 2017, by Warner Bros which hires Jared Stern and Michelle Morgan to write the script.

Why. Why for gods sake.

LEGO: The Movie

Directors:

Phil Lord

Chris Miller (II)

Writers:

Phil Lord

Chris Miller (II)

LEGO: The Sequel

Directors:

???

???

Writers:

Jared Stern

Michelle Morgan

I hate when studios doing this.

Michelle Morgan is "known" from Middle Of Nowhere and Girl Most Likely.

Jared Stern was one of the story developers on Princes and the Frog and Wreck-It-Ralph, and beside that he wrote medicore Internship, Mr Poppers Penguins, and The Watch.

Great choices.

Edited by Charism

In a very long time sadly... For Lego 2, 3 years and a half seems good. The animated sequels are never as fast as live-action movies. 3 years is good. The move in the summer is a good thing too as it was a free spot and I think others studios won't go against it so easily. It will have the Pixar or the Dreamworks as its only competition (both are scheduled 6/16, one will move)

I imagine DWA will likely move to mid July to avoid clashing with Pixar and also Illumination. The animated space is getting crowded with one movie from Blue Sky, two from Pixar/WDAS depending on the year, one from WB, one from Sony, two from Illumination and three from DWA. I think oversaturation will end up hurting one of the major studios,

• Founder / Operator

Despicable Me?

Also 3 years for an animated sequel seems perfectly fine. DM2 was a 3 year wait. All the Shreks hit on 3 year delays. Ice Age 2 was actually 4 years after the first, but they've hit on 3 year cycles since then.

DM2 is close, but I don't think it captures that same kind of pop culture satire vibe as Shrek and Lego.

Calm down, I am just kidding with you :lol:

Hah. I figured. But after the Godzilla and GOTG threads yesterday I'm a bit edgy...

Posted Image

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 4

How many predictions have their been?