CJohn

The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part | 2/8/2019 | Big Space Musical

I see a Shrek 2 for this. Look how close S1 and the Lego movie were. Plus same wknd as S2.

What keeps me away from having the same thought as you is that there are going to be other LEGO movies between 1 and 2. It won't be like Shrek where audiences had been waiting ever since the first to see the second.

• Like 3

The follow-up to the wildly successful Lego Movie (which itself featured a plethora of cameos, from DC heroes to Star Wars) is being directed by Rob Schrab, who appeared on this week’s Harmontown Podcast—who teased that Warner Bros. and the team behind the movie are currently in talks with the BBC to negotiate an appearance by the Doctor in the sequel.

Schrab didn’t say much more about it—such as whether or not this would be a cameo akin to Han Solo and Chewbacca’s appearance in The Lego Movie, or a more prominent role similar to Batman’s presence in the film—but it makes sense given the Lego company’s recent collaboration with the BBC for other Doctor Who products.[/quote]

Doctor Who May Be Part of The Lego Movie 2

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, goldenstate5 said:

So I wonder if this more has to do with a proven release date than any problems on the film?

But man... five years. Rough.

I don't know if it's that bad. Audiences will have Lego Batman and Ninjago come out inbetween, so the wait won't feel as long as something like HTTYD.

Even if the LEGO has a much larger audience and his first film was a success, I believe the movie postponement has been a challenge to rival PLAYMOBIL, which has a movie scheduled to open three weeks before, January 18, 2019.

Brands (LEGO & PLAYMOBIL ) are rivals long date. Was this rivalry going now to the cinema? 

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/playmobil-open-road-movie-1201773252/

Edited by Gabriel Sales

13 minutes ago, Gabriel Sales said:

Even if the LEGO has a much larger audience and his first film was a success, I believe the movie postponement has been a challenge to rival PLAYMOBIL, which has a movie scheduled to open three weeks before, January 18, 2019.

Brands (LEGO & PLAYMOBIL ) are rivals long date. Was this rivalry going now to the cinema? 

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/playmobil-open-road-movie-1201773252/

Playmobil is going to bomb :lol: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Playmobil is going to bomb :lol: 

I do not believe that the PLAYMOBIL Movie will be a bomb. The team involved in the film is respectable, Lino DiSalvo (Frozen) and producers of The Little Prince (candidate film an Oscar nomination). In my opinion the PLAYMOBIL universe is much richer thematically the LEGO universe, which weighs in favor of Lego are the licenses.

14 hours ago, Gabriel Sales said:

I do not believe that the PLAYMOBIL Movie will be a bomb. The team involved in the film is respectable, Lino DiSalvo (Frozen) and producers of The Little Prince (candidate film an Oscar nomination). In my opinion the PLAYMOBIL universe is much richer thematically the LEGO universe, which weighs in favor of Lego are the licenses.

Playmobil will bomb hard in the US. It doesn't even have a distributor commitment yet. It will be looked upon as a knockoff movie before the actual name brand movie comes around. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grim22 said:

Playmobil will bomb hard in the US. It doesn't even have a distributor commitment yet. It will be looked upon as a knockoff movie before the actual name brand movie comes around. 

You are mistaken, PLAYMOBIL Movie already has US distributor, will be the Open Road Films, there is even a legal battle with the Weinstein Company to see who will distribute the film (see below). But the contract with Open Road has been signed.

http://deadline.com/2016/05/playmobil-weinstein-company-lawsuit-little-prince-producers-open-road-films-1201764698/

If going to sound like imitation? Perhaps! It will not do decent at the US box office? It may be! But I am absolutely certain that the film is in good hands and will be an excellent animation.

Still on the box office, in 2019 the powerful China is already the largest market in the world, so just make a good spread and get a good date there. Recalling that the PLAYMOBIL film will not be included in the 34 American films that China offers annually.

Hug! 

Edited by Gabriel Sales

28 minutes ago, Gabriel Sales said:

You are mistaken, PLAYMOBIL Movie already has US distributor, will be the Open Road Films, there is even a legal battle with the Weinstein Company to see who will distribute the film (see below). But the contract with Open Road has been signed.

http://deadline.com/2016/05/playmobil-weinstein-company-lawsuit-little-prince-producers-open-road-films-1201764698/

If going to sound like imitation? Perhaps! It will not do decent at the US box office? It may be! But I am absolutely certain that the film is in good hands and will be an excellent animation.

Still on the box office, in 2019 the powerful China is already the largest market in the world, so just make a good spread and get a good date there. Recalling that the PLAYMOBIL film will not be included in the 34 American films that China offers annually.

Hug! 

Open Road is pretty bad. Their highest grossing movie is 64M dollars. Not good for Playmobil

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?studio=openroads.htm

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grim22 said:

Open Road is pretty bad. Their highest grossing movie is 64M dollars. Not good for Playmobil

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?studio=openroads.htm

Open Road has only 5 years from its foundation. Already among the 10 largest US studios, he has won some important awards like Oscar and Golden Globe. The film grossed over was an animation, it is worth mentioning, of dubious quality ( The Nut Job). I am absolutely certain that the PLAYMOBIL movie will be for most successful studio.

Do not see problem for the PLAYMOBIL movie has a distribution made by a promising studio, think up cool, because the victory won with challenges is tastier. 

Edited by Gabriel Sales

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/lego-movie-sequel-screenplay-rewrite-raphael-bob-waksberg-1201810241/

After moving the animated movie to Feb. 8, 2019, Warner Bros. has also hired Raphael Bob-Waksberg to rewrite the script.

Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, who directed the first film, penned the original draft. With the duo currently prepping for the “Star Wars” Han Solo spinoff, the studio opted to get a fresh take on the script.

The project is Bob-Waksberg’s first film gig, following TV work on shows like “Adult Hospital” and “Save Me.” He created the Netflix animated comedy “BoJack Horseman.” The show’s third season premieres on July 22.

@CoolioD1 @Blanks McCoy

• Like 2

On June 18, 2016 at 6:03 PM, Gabriel Sales said:

Like the LEGO universe or Playmobil had rich themes.  They're both toy brands and just that.

And Playmobil will bomb, nobody in the US knows that brand name, especially compared to say LEGO.