DAJK

Weekend Estimates: Kong 61M, Logan 37.8M, Get Out 21M, Shack 10M, Lego Batman 7.8M

9 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Friend of mine actually watched Power Rangers last weekend. His reaction in short

r8mCkEz.gif

He is very easy to please as well, which is why him not liking it shocked me for sure.

This is just not shocking at all. 

8 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

Yeah but just bad production.

I watched one episode 15 years ago. 

A girlfriend in college broke up with me to run off to become an actress in  '90. 

After al gore invented the Internet it occurred to me I could look her up on IMDB.  Power rangers is all she landed. Lol. Nadira 39 episodes.

I'm retired, living on a beach, earning 20% like Hans. She's probably still waitressing. 

• Like 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

Incredible Hulk didn't stop the MCU from continuing.

The critical reception of BVS and SS didn't stop the DCEU.

The performance of LB (heading for 4x-4.1x its budget) won't stop the LCU and the list goes on and on.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, POTUS said:

Yeah but just bad production.

I watched one episode 15 years ago. 

A girlfriend in college broke up with me to run off to become an actress in  '90. 

After al gore invented the Internet it occurred to me I could look her up on IMDB.  Power rangers is all she landed. Lol. Nadira 39 episodes.

I'm retired, living on a beach, earning 20% like Hans. She's probably still waitressing. 

:jeb!:

10 minutes ago, babz06 said:

The numbers are meh, WB expect more for their 190m budgeted tentpole.

Luckily for WB, Legendary funded most of it. 

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

The critical reception of BVS and SS didn't stop the DCEU.

The performance of LB (heading for 4x-4.1x its budget) won't stop the LCU and the list goes on and on.

BvS and SS made money and WB owns the DC characters meaning they reap all the benefits outside of box office. Lego Batman is still a hit for WAG considering it's only their third film.

As I said in another thread:

Legendary needs to start having more than just one well known monster for each of their monsterverse films. Like in Civil War and Spider Man Homecoming, they needed to put another popular character in Skull Island. (Like Mothra or Rodan)

That way it doesn't just appear to be yet another Kong film. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Incredible Hulk didn't stop the MCU from continuing.

Because Iron Man gave MCU so much momentum.

Plus there was alot more at stake. 

Giving up meant losing a multi-billion dollar franchise and possibly the movie rights to their biggest characters.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, grim22 said:

@MrPink

Curious if that will be the case for digital LieMAX too or just the film/Laser giant IMAX screens. Wolverine had some kind of Deadpool thing that was attached to the LieMAX show at my local Regal. WB would have more control now than they did with Rogue One.

EDIT: Never mind, found the answer. It appears they are playing it with all IMAX shows now, including the LieMAX screens. Awesome.

http://www.dunkirkmovie.com/

Edited by redfirebird2008

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Because Iron Man gave MCU so much momentum.

Plus there was alot more at stake. 

Giving up meant losing a multi-billion dollar franchise and possibly the movie rights to their biggest characters.

I think releasing TIH only a month after Iron Man wasn't a great idea, the success of Iron Man meant they could weather TIH's underperforming and it's likely the reason why we haven't had another Hulk film although I suspect Universal still owning distribution rights is also a factor.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Friend of mine actually watched Power Rangers last weekend. His reaction in short

r8mCkEz.gif

He is very easy to please as well, which is why him not liking it shocked me for sure.

48 minutes ago, grim22 said:

It was the last test screening they had. The only other general audience screenings are on March 22nd which is a day before release. Don't know about the embargo yet, but I think the 21st or 22nd would be a good bet.

Steven Weintraub of Collider says the embargo will be lifted on Monday, March 20 at 12:00 p.m. ET/9:00 a.m. PT.  Is Lionsgate deciding to let the chips fall where they may (no pun intended with the other movie opening that weekend), and if the movie is bad, just accepting that before the movie's opening night?

However, if the film is as awful as grim22's friend says it is, more on Rangercrew should be aware of that, since some there seem convinced it will be received well.  I'm not enthusiastic about this film, and I'm quite knowledgeable about the Power Rangers.  We've had 7 years of in-your-face Mighty Morphin marketing from Saban Brands.  Okay, to be fair, the early part of 2010 was Disney airing a Mighty Morphin "reversioning" of season 1.  However, Saban has been hyping Mighty Morphin for over twice as long now as Mighty Morphin originally ran in the 1990s.  We've had "Go Go Power Rangers" used in every season since 2011.  "It's Morphin Time" has been used in the seasons since Megaforce in 2013.