franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

1 hour ago, Nova said:

Seems like the whole cast has decided to back Gunn. Interesting to see what happens from here. And I’m not just talking about the re-hiring of Gunn but rather how the dynamic is going to be with a new director given that the cast supports Gunn so much. 

I believe in forgiveness and I think it's awesome to see this. It'd be beautiful for Gunn to be reinstated.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

That s factually wrong.

I heard him on an Howard Stern interview briefly talk about how he earned around 10 bucks for his voice work on the first Guardians.

Futurist... thank you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My favorite thing about this is that they're telling the population....like we could rehire Gunn.

How much poor publicity do you think Disney would get if they said "Fuck you, you're all fired, we're replacing everyone in this franchise at this point." If they talked to them instead of us (& perhaps maybe they are).

22 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

While I co tinge to be conflicted over James Gunn’s firing, there’s no use in rehiring him at this point. As other have said, that would just make Disney look even worse. What’s done is done. It’s time to move on and find another director. 

Well there will be a use, calm down and excite less the people that want to weaponize social media outrage mob mentality by giving them less power.

Has for what would Disney would look, why should anyone care about that ?

I find it so touching how the cast is supporting him.  I believe that people can change. Even if the left and the right don't. Furthermore it takes a whole fucking lot to deeply offend me joke wise.  Gunn's jokes weren't all that shocking to me. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MrGlass2 said:

Disney will re-hire him for sure. Pratt hasn't exactly been a profile in courage so far, hiding behind Bible quotes. So if he signed the letter, the writing is already on the wall.

In the scenario where he would have not wanted to participate I am really not sure if being the only one not signing would have been less courageouss than signing it.

There is so much time between now and when a hard decision need to be taken (in term of news cycle), that both scenario are still well possible imo.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ddddeeee said:

Pratt's entire contribution to that piece being the word 'prayer' though.

Aren't people going after him for his hunting hobby yet?

They call it harvesting now, not hunting. Some are getting so crazy that it would not surprise me.

• Like 1

I honestly think Disney would be foolish if they didn’t bring back Gunn. I can’t imagine a director wanting to do GOTG3 when the whole cast wants their old director back. And then if the new director decides to take the characters down a path that the actors aren’t fans of then you better believe they’ll make things difficult. 

Disney should just re-hire him and say they spoke with the cast, Gunn and have come to the conclusion that they believe he deserves a second chance. 

By the time the film comes out all of this will have blown over if they just bring him back on. Otherwise if they get a new director, it’ll be an on going topic. How did the cast feel? How were things on set with the new director? Do they like the direction the film took? Then you’ll also have nitpicking of the film and comparing it to what could have been had Gunn finished his trilogy. 

I think the best thing for Disney to do would be to wait for a few weeks/months and let this thing die down completely. Knowing the internet, it would have moved on to some other things by then anyways. Then they can get him without much hoopla. In the meantime they can continue working in the background on the movie anyways. 

Re-hiring him back right now would just unnecessarily keep this thing in the news even longer than they would want. 

• Like 1