franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

34 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I imagine a that Gunn gave a cut of is salary, Disney cannot do something like that, it is not a weird work outside the law environment like north american professional sport.

They would have talked to Gunn about it and gave him the choice of either resigning or donating part of his salary. 

18 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Chris Pratt seems like a nice dude but the Bible verses thing is eye rolling. 

These stars are trying to be very discrete and cryptic in their tweets regarding the James Gunn issue because if they become too outspoken about it on how they truly feel they are pretty much going against the decision their superiors made (Disney) and you just can't bite the hand that feeds you since you'll be risking your job. 

Edited by DMan7
  • Like 2

As I've said, I love that Dave Bautista isn't being a puss in boots about it. He's pissed and letting people know. On the other hand I think it's perfectly reasonable what the other actors are doing as well. They have a right to think about and protect their own careers. Gunn is a big boy, nobody has to fall on a sword for him if they don't want to. 

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

They have a right to think about and protect their own careers.

They certainly do (Imagine being so free speech to be angry about Disney but not respecting those actor free speech to say nothing), with Disney getting close to 50% of the box office now that it acquired Fox, they will have a lot of control, including the voice of people wanting to make a lot of money in that industry.

• Sad 2

On 7/27/2018 at 6:08 PM, Zakiyyah6 said:

Chris Pratt seems like a nice dude but the Bible verses thing is eye rolling. 

Why not look at the message rather then its source? If he just said the quote without the biblical page reference you would not have cared.

There are a ton of sayings and moral ideas we use all the time without realizing it is from religious sources. 

The quote was also famously used during the US war for Independence as well. 

It always makes me laugh when I quote something from scripture and people are like that makes 100% sense and then say its from scripture and people just lose their shit. 😅

It sort of show to me that some atheists are just as close minded as religious people. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Why not look at the message rather then its source? If he just said the quote without the biblical page reference you would not have cared.

There are a ton of sayings and moral ideas we use all the time without realizing it is from religious sources. 

The quote was also famously used during the US war for Independence as well. 

It always makes me laugh when I quote something from scripture and people are like that makes 100% sense and then say its from scripture and people just lose their shit. 😅

It sort of show to me that some atheists are just as close minded as religious people. 

I'm not even remotely an atheist. I can't imagine not ever being a creationist. I just have a pet peeve about people throwing around quotes from any Holy book really. It almost always strikes me as intellectually lazy pandering. My insides always scream, "we get it you want us to know that you're religious because you keep yelling about it, what are you hiding?" I'm in the weird position where I'm sort of apart of an organized religion but I kinda dislike a lot of the trappings of organized religion in general. Not Pratt or anyone else fault that I have that issue but I do. 

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I'm not even remotely an atheist. I can't imagine not ever being a creationist. I just have a pet peeve about people throwing around quotes from any Holy book really. It almost always strikes me as intellectually lazy pandering. My insides always scream, "we get it you want us to know that you're religious because you keep yelling about it, what are you hiding?" I'm in the weird position where I'm sort of apart of an organized religion but I kinda dislike a lot of the trappings of organized religion in general. Not Pratt or anyone else fault that I have that issue but I do. 

It just looks like talking in memes and references to me.

But I am an atheist.

• Like 1