franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

It’s been a couple of weeks since Disney fired Gunn. I’d think if he does have skeletons in his closet, besides the offensive tweets and costume party, they’d be out by now. He has publicly acknowledged that he was in a school run by a pedophile and has history of abuse, which I think partly explains his preoccupation with abuse in his work and tweets.

I think if he has actually committed actions that would make him a pedophile, which is what it seems some are claiming in this thread despite having no proof, his victims would’ve come forward once it became clear he didn’t have the support of a major corporation like Disney. That’s what’s happened with Singer and Spacey. If Gunn is like them, we should be hearing similar stories about him, but there have been none as far as I’ve seen. 

1 minute ago, Deja23 said:

It’s been a couple of weeks since Disney fired Gunn. I’d think if he does have skeletons in his closet, besides the offensive tweets and costume party, they’d be out by now. He has publicly acknowledged that he was in a school run by a pedophile and has history of abuse, which I think partly explains his preoccupation with abuse in his work and tweets.

I think if he has actually committed actions that would make him a pedophile, which is what it seems some are claiming in this thread despite having no proof, his victims would’ve come forward once it became clear he didn’t have the support of a major corporation like Disney. That’s what’s happened with Singer and Spacey. If Gunn is like them, we should be hearing similar stories about him, but there have been none as far as I’ve seen. 

I’ve mentioned this already, but the party with Gunn isn’t even comparable to the parties that Singer has been infamous for hosting. Singer has had actual underage boys with no supervision at his parties. This really just seems like the alt-right being desperate to try and ruin Gunn’s career even further. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

Im not saying all that, I just think there are aspects of his behaviour and past actions that many would consider to be unseemly and could cause greater damage.

I also wonder why Jenna Fischer has been dead silent. She has no obligation to defend her ex-husband (or say and do anything) but her silence says quite a bit (to me at least). Weren’t they married when all these tweets and costume parties were going on?

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’ve mentioned this already, but the party with Gunn isn’t even comparable to the parties that Singer has been infamous for hosting. Singer has had actual underage boys with no supervision at his parties. This really just seems like the alt-right being desperate to try and ruin Gunn’s career even further. 

That’s possible. And Brietbart as a source is very questionable. I don’t necessarily think he should be hired back by Disney/Marvel, but it’s kinda weird that people seem so sure he has actually committed pedophila just because Disney fired him. If there’s evidence that he has, then labeling him would make sense.

Definition of pedophilia (Merriam-Webster)

Sexual perversion in which children are the preferred sexual object; specifically : a psychiatric disorder in which an adult has sexual fantasies about or engages in sexual acts with a prepubescent child.

Some perspective here.

5 minutes ago, AJG said:

Im not saying all that, I just think there are aspects of his behaviour and past actions that many would consider to be unseemly and could cause greater damage.

I also wonder why Jenna Fischer has been dead silent. She has no obligation to defend her ex-husband (or say and do anything) but her silence says quite a bit (to me at least). Weren’t they married when all these tweets and costume parties were going on?

I didn’t know they were married and don’t know why she should need to say anything to defend her ex-husband. It seems they separated in 2007. I’m not sure when he began posting the tweets or when the costume party took place. Was there more than 1 costume party?

1 minute ago, Deja23 said:

I didn’t know they were married and don’t know why she should need to say anything to defend her ex-husband. It seems they separated in 2007. I’m not sure when he began posting the tweets or when the costume party took place. Was there more than 1 costume party?

Dont know but 1 is enough for me.

It’s hard to defend a fully grown man whose first reaction to being asked to attend a pedo-themed party wasn’t “what the fuck is wrong with you? No, I’m not going.”

Shiiiiiit if that were me I would’ve cut off whoever even asked me such a thing.

• Like 3

You guys are literally jumping on the “James Gunn is a pedophile!” Ship because Breitbart wrote an article?  

Breitbart!

If he actually did something it’ll hit actual news outlets, if Breitbart is the only one reporting its fake.  Not only that, it’s been two plus weeks, not a single allegation against him, although it does appear he was subject to abuse as a kid (which explains the humor).

A few of you seem like you’ve been out to get Gunn since the tweets, and you’re looking for any reason to be validated to the point where you’re using Breitbart as a news source.

Edited by PANDA
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

It's not like Hollywood directors who attend pedophile themed parties dressed like priests are actual pedo- OH FUCKING WAIT

original-11355-1397757947-7.jpg?downsize

Again, Bryan Singer had parties with actual underage boys. The costume party Gunn went to was all adults. 

I just hope people are careful about how quick they are too accuse and want to trash a person (especially with minimum to no evidence against them).

One day a skeleton might be found in your closet that does not accurately reflect who you are but simply shows a moment in your life where you may have lacked judgement.  Would you want people to treat you as you’re treating and trashing Gunn?

Empathy’s a powerful tool, use it,

• Like 5

18 hours ago, AJG said:

That makes no difference.

That is a weird fucking thing to do.

Yeah it was a very hipster stuff, I had friend that made a MadMen themed party around that era.

18 hours ago, DMan7 said:

But that's what I'm saying it should all be bad regardless if it's jokes or action

You cannot have if something is bad it is all the same level of bad moral code and society law. 

If you have get cough to have murdered someone 20 year's ago it obviously is not the same than for having made a joke 20 minutes ago.

And something cannot just be called wrong, disgust/being offended cannot be use strongly has a moral system either that how we end up with sodomy is illegal laws, one need to explain who and how they were hurt and it need to be reasonable. Otherwise it is moral/taste police type of stuff.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 3

When I get a report from some place that isn't a shit hole like Brietbart I'll give a shit and give this thought. 

Until then I'll just keep in mind the people who seem so desperate to call people pedophiles as morally bankrupt people who rather go on moral crusades than be human beings.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RandomCat said:

When I get a report from some place that isn't a shit hole like Brietbart I'll give a shit and give this thought. 

Until then I'll just keep in mind the people who seem so desperate to call people pedophiles as morally bankrupt people who rather go on moral crusades than be human beings.

https://www.google.com/amp/wegotthiscovered.com/movies/disturbing-old-photos-james-gunn-bizarre-party-surface/amp/