franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

21 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

ok this is amazing... why they´re not showing this anime look action scenes on marketing, the movie clearly can´t keep hype with all the secrecy 

This is exciting but Gunn will need to pull off those action beats still... He's done well with the action in the first two and in Suicide Squad so there's hope he'll do it. If he's able to pull it off and make it work, it'll be a blast to watch on a big screen.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

ok this is amazing... why they´re not showing this anime look action scenes on marketing, the movie clearly can´t keep hype with all the secrecy 

There was a Disney shareholder meeting? When?

Edited by poweranimals

21 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Lmao, pretty funny these "scoopers" say this after Creed 3 got praised for having anime-inspired fights. 

6 minutes ago, dobrevv said:

Well that is not in line with anything they have done. Interesting. Social Embargo is the latest by far from the Disney post Endgame Movies (expect MoM) but the review embargo is the earliest since Eternals. 

I still think dropping social that late (presuming its´good) is a mistake but it is what it is.

Edited by thajdikt

1 minute ago, thajdikt said:

Well that is not in line with anything they have done. Interesting. Social Embargo is the latest by far from the Disney post Endgame Movies (expect MoM) but the review embargo is the earliest since Eternals. 

well Feige was confident in Eternals, 

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yeah review date is good, could´ve been better but it´s still a whole week before release, now it can help the OW 

It´s the first time they´re allowing reviews this early in years, all of the recent MCU movies reviews dropped 48 hours before previews 

They've got nothing to lose...if reviews are bad, this finishes where it looks like it's finishing.  If they are good or better, they have a chance to ramp up the last minute sales.  Early release, no matter the quality, is ultimately a no lose proposition when you look at presales...

Have there been any recent examples of good reviews providing a boost for pre-sales? To use a recent MCU example, Thor still blasted off to $144M despite the mixed reviews (I know it dropped a few days later but still). At this point, I sincerely think regardless reviews the film will open on track with its current pace or a bit better if presales continue like Keyser's update from today, and even if it hits the latter I don't see it suddenly blasting off to $120-$130M (I'm still thinking $100M-110M off its current pace). 

Slightly off topic from reviews, but have the jokes in the trailers landed flat with anyone else? None of it has hit like "I didn't know how this machine worked" or "No one has any tape" from the first two films' trailers. At worst some of the humor reminds me a bit too much of Thor 4, like the couch bit with Drax.

Edited by AMC Theaters Enjoyer

8 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Have there been any recent examples of good reviews providing a boost for pre-sales? To use a recent MCU example, Thor still blasted off to $144M despite the mixed reviews (I know it dropped a few days later but still). At this point, I sincerely think regardless reviews the film will open on track with its current pace or a bit better if presales continue like Keyser's update from today, and even if it hits the latter I don't see it suddenly blasting off to $120-$130M (I'm still thinking $100M-110M off its current pace). 

Slightly off topic from reviews, but have the jokes in the trailers landed flat with anyone else? None of it has hit like "I didn't know how this machine worked" or "No one has any tape" from the first two films' trailers. At worst some of the humor reminds me a bit too much of Thor 4, like the couch bit with Drax.

It´s hard with MCU because usually sales are very strong but also the like 5-6 last MCU movies has also had review embargo lifted so late. I think someone in the tracking thread mentioned the The Batman did get a boost from it. As for the jokes none of them have landed at all for me. 

Just now, SpiderByte said:

....yes it is? A week embargo isn't that abnormal.

Nor did I ever say that it was abnormal. I said that this wasn´t in line with something they have done lately where the review embargo have been 48 hours before Thursday previews and also having socials so late compared to the other MCU movies releasing the last years with the exception of MoM. That combination was not something they have done before, or at least for some years.