Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

Just now, Poseidon said:

Who cares? It sucks. Maybe or maybe not as hard as JW and JP3, as they seem to be in a sucking contest. 

Look, I have 15 years of pent-up rage against JP3. If I have the opportunity to rag on it, I'm going to take it.

11 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

there's like a few throwaway lines about how cynical the movie is just to help appease as a nod to the insecure "i hate franchises!!" weirdos who actually don't hate franchises and to trick 'em into having takes like this. if it was actually a good critique there'd be for real narratively subversive elements, which there aren't. it says those franchises are lame, but it's like a jealous schoolboy that wants to be them really.

The movie isn't shitting on franchises, its simply saying audiences always want something "bigger and better" than the last even if its stupid.

I hope there are fully trained military raptors in the next one.

Edited by Ozymandias

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

Well in my case the numbers are why I'm discussing this stuff. It's a huge number, don't get me wrong. That said I don't like Disney's strategy of copy/paste with these live action remakes and I am not ecstatic they're doing so well.

THAT would be a great and fitting discussion...

Edited by Poseidon
  • Like 1

I know @Chewy has already said his piece about Iron Fist being a locked flop because it starred a Game of Thrones castoff, but he neglected to mention that it actually stars two Game of Throners.

Fist's sidekick is one of the Sand Snakes.

Edited by 4815162342

6 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

I didn't care for Lincoln... :ph34r:

Wasn't just you who replied though and didn't include it though. And @franfar only mentioned the criteria of "thought-provoking", and Lincoln is top-notch in that department, however else one may feel about it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4815162342 said:

I know @Chewy has already said his piece about Iron Fist being a locked flop because it starred a Game of Thrones castoff, but he neglected to mention that it actually stars two Game of Throners.

Fist's sidekick is one of the Sand Snakes.

iron fist wants the bad pussy.

1 minute ago, cookie said:

Valerian will make $300m

Reveal hidden contents

It's a brilliant dream.  I log onto BOT.  I await the numbers, so I sit there.  My body is ready.  Then...DEADLINE!  They have Valerian's Thursday night numbers at an extraordinary 70M.  It only goes up from there.  Its true Friday number is 220M.  Its Saturday number is 300M.  Its Sunday number is 290M.  A weekend of 880M.  Marvelous.  Then it nails a 4x multiplier.  3.5B domestic.

Dunkirk opens with 15M and finishes with 35M.

BKBING Ethan Season 2 Episode 2: Bigger, Longer and with Legos.

It's a special stop motion animated episode of BKBING Ethan with Legos. ThatOneGuy and Franfar become movie stars in Disney's live action Chicken Little remake and ThatOneGuy has second thought. Meanwhile Ethan and a reluctant Jonwo try to find BKB. YourMother and Tele become a buddy cop duo called Black and Lab Rat and investigate the escape of Gokira

• Like 1