FlashMaster659

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Weekend Estimates: Beauty and the Beast - 88.3M; Power Rangers - 40.5M; Life - 12.6M; Other Numbers First Post. Gokira has been threadbanned.

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

I gotta say. I've seen alot of previews for alot of bad comedies over the years, but very few looked as absolutely wretched and terrible as Chips. That shit is laughter's equivalent of ED. 

What did Ed ever do to you?

Poor guy.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I feel like Life's marketing suffered from a serious identity crisis. Some ads made it look like a horror film while others sold it as an action picture.

And when you hear the title, you think of a board game.

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I gotta say. I've seen alot of previews for alot of bad comedies over the years, but very few looked as absolutely wretched and terrible as Chips. That shit is laughter's equivalent of ED. 

I just don't understand how anyone would bankroll a film starring Dax Sheppard in 2017. Talk about someone where a little of him goes a very long way.

• Like 3

I remember the Chips trailer just because it plays one of my fave songs California Love. I don't know what the movie is about though or what else was in the trailer though lol. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

I just don't understand how anyone would bankroll a film starring Dax Sheppard in 2017. Talk about someone where a little of him goes a very long way.

Honestly for me it goes back to who the Hell thought it was a good idea to make a CHiPS movie??? Its not like the show is still thought of as great (nor was it at the time it aired....) seriously it is films like that coupled with ones like BATB that shout to the world about how much originality is not valued by the studios.

8 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Continuing on the Topic of Holocaust films - I know it seems like we have a ton of them but in actuality the US produces very few films in that particular genre - an actual US Company hasn't produces a Holocaust film since 2008 (depending on what you include) even the film from last year Denial which is about a famous trial for the man who popularized that it didn't happen, was a British film.

They are mainly small independent films from Foreign Countries such as past winners of the Foreign Language Oscar Ida or Son of Saul.

However, TV is a vastly different landscape and there are lot of those.

The thing about Holocaust movies is that there really aren't many fresh ways to approach them. Zookeepers wife looks like a WW2 version of Hotel Rwanda doesn't help either. Life Is Beautiful and The Pianist were probably the last 2 movies which tried something different with the theme.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

Honestly for me it goes back to who the Hell thought it was a good idea to make a CHiPS movie??? Its not like the show is still thought of as great (nor was it at the time it aired....) seriously it is films like that coupled with ones like BATB that shout to the world about how much originality is not valued by the studios.

Pretty sure this and the Baywatch film coming out this summer are just trying to cash in on the success of Jump Street movies.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

He gets a lifetime pass for starring in the most prophetic film of the 21st century.

6g4MqD6.jpg

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

The IP is probably worth spending the 20M they spent on it for sure. Will be in the black after all is said and done. Comedies can work as long as you the budgets are kept low basically.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAR said:

March has definitely surpassed August as a big box office month

August will always be at a disadvantage because there is the back to school dip eventually.

If scheduled right, March can play big all month long.