kayumanggi

A QUIET PLACE | 04.06.18 | Paramount | supernatural horror film

Also I feel bad for whoever is unfortunate to see this movie next to another theater that's playing something loud (like Ready Player One or Pacific Rim). I could easily see that being a problem with showings outside of the tentpole theaters.

This is like A Ghost Story at times with how silent it is and I still remember the AMC theater I saw that at sticking Girls Trip a theater away and hearing that film for a large portion of the first 20 minutes.

• Like 1

Don't theater chains rely on concessions? They must be pissed. And, the people at my theater were really quite. Have some faith in humanity guys!( It was a completely packed theater, too.)

Edited by YLF
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Also I feel bad for whoever is unfortunate to see this movie next to another theater that's playing something loud (like Ready Player One or Pacific Rim). I could easily see that being a problem with showings outside of the tentpole theaters.

This is like A Ghost Story at times with how silent it is and I still remember the AMC theater I saw that at sticking Girls Trip a theater away and hearing that film for a large portion of the first 20 minutes.

Yeah, this is also concerning me. The theaters in my area don't have very good soundproofing; when I saw I, Tonya, I easily heard the dialogue in Jumanji next door :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Yeah, this is also concerning me. The theaters in my area don't have very good soundproofing; when I saw I, Tonya, I easily heard the dialogue in Jumanji next door :lol: 

Yeah splurge for the best showing you can find man (maybe Cinebistro?, I think Orlando has one) or find out the biggest auditorium that is playing it at the theater you go to ahead of time. If it's in a side theater and gets stuck next to a bad sound proofed theater playing something like Ready Player One, you are going to be listening to that for most of this.

I was so frustrated with where a big AMC theater stuck A Ghost Story last summer and that was the only theater that was playing it in my area.

Since you've seen that, sound wise it is just like it before the loud score kicks in but for much longer portions so you know what to expect. Think like the silence of the pie eating scene.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

Yeah splurge for the best showing you can find man (maybe Cinebistro?, I think Orlando has one) or find out the biggest auditorium that is playing it at the theater you go to ahead of time. If it's in a side theater and gets stuck next to a bad sound proofed theater playing something like Ready Player One, you are going to be listening to that for most of this.

I was so frustrated with where a big AMC theater stuck A Ghost Story last summer and that was the only theater that was playing it in my area.

Since you've seen that, sound wise it is just like it before the loud score kicks in but for much longer portions so you know what to expect. Think like the silence of the pie eating scene.

There's no Cinebistro in Orlando.

At my AMC, it's sandwiched between I Can Only Imagine and Black Panther Saturday and Sunday and The Miracle Season and Ready Player One during the week. One side will be quiet, but the other won't :lol:  I have no idea what auditorium it's in at the other theater I go to because there's no reserved seating.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

There's no Cinebistro in Orlando.

At my AMC, it's sandwiched between I Can Only Imagine and Black Panther Saturday and Sunday and The Miracle Season and Ready Player One during the week. One side will be quiet, but the other won't :lol:  I have no idea what auditorium it's in at the other theater I go to because there's no reserved seating.

Yeah neither of those are great options if it's not in a main theater with good proofing but hopefully your theater moves it to the best place possible. I'm sure if they run into sound proof complaints from audiences hearing another movie, they will. This will get a lot more attention than something like I Tonya so I think you'll be alright.

I don't go to Cinebistro often but I know they have great sound (and I thought there was one in Orlando? Guess I read their list wrong last time I was there). I usually go to AMC or Regal and have only had that issue with A Ghost Story at a theater that's not local. Both of my theaters have been remodeled in recent years though.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, DAJK said:

One of the best horror films ever. Period. 

So great.  I went through a horror phase in my life where I saw about everything from straight up nasty/gore shock, to supernatural, to slasher, and still go now and then but find most of them...lacking.  This was so awesome.  It's just really f'ing well done and the last 45 mins or so are just, bravo.   I really can't say enough about it.  Best horror/thriller movie in years.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

What’s the highest OW for an original horror film?

I think BOM counts The Village as a horror film, and that opened to 50.7, but that’s the highest original I could find. So totally in range to be the top unless I’m missing something.

• Astonished 1

Not surprised at all of EC is right and this does 20M today. Pretty big increase at my theatre as well as other theatres in Canada I'm looking at from true Friday.

If this can pull a 53/160 run I would be so damn happy

• Like 1

On 5/4/2018 at 5:04 PM, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

"The year of Emily" should had come many years ago.HW fucked up.This woman is amazing yet very underated.She deserves all the recognition.

More like she's terrible at choosing projects

Edited by TombRaider

13 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

More like she's terrible at choosing projects

I don't think so, her cinematography is very good with many amazing films. You could say she never really got a huge blockbuster though. Indeed, I believe A Quiet Place is her biggest openning weekend ever. 

Edited by SofNascimento

39 minutes ago, SofNascimento said:

I don't think so, her cinematography is very good with many amazing films. You could say she never really got a huge blockbuster though. Indeed, I believe A Quiet Place is her biggest openning weekend ever. 

amazing films? other than prada and edge? meh

• Like 1