kayumanggi

A QUIET PLACE | 04.06.18 | Paramount | supernatural horror film

I'm thinking this is going to be a tad too artsy leaning to get good legs. Artsy horror does very poorly with the casual GA and those films get bad multis. But I do think an OW breakout could happen because I think the marketing has done a good job hooking casuals. 

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I'm thinking this is going to be a tad too artsy leaning to get good legs. Artsy horror does very poorly with the casual GA and those films get bad multis. But I do think an OW breakout could happen because I think the marketing has done a good job hooking casuals. 

Dude, what is there of artsy about a horror movie about man-eating, noise-seeking monsters? It's gonna do very well, no need to make hypotheticals about whether or not could it fail w/the GA. Your club is more than dead anyway.

• Like 2

The silent nature of the film 1000% makes it an artsy take on the genre. From some of these reactions, I can already see screenings of this being disastrous with a lot of the demo that makes horror movies hits. Also, the RT consensus literally uses the word "artful" in it, so I'm far from the first to call it artsy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

The silent nature of the film 1000% makes it an artsy take on the genre. From some of these reactions, I can already see screenings of this being disastrous with a lot of the demo that makes horror movies hits. Also, the RT consensus literally uses the word "artful" in it, so I'm far from the first to call it artsy. 

The silent nature is to enhance the jumpscares and the tension, according to literally every review I've read/heard. And as long as it delievers on its horror promise, you can trust that it's not gonna pull an It Comes At Night or a mother! V2.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

The silent nature is to enhance the jumpscares and the tension, according to literally every review I've read/heard. And as long as it delievers on its horror promise, you can trust that it's not gonna pull an It Comes At Night or a mother! V2.

The marketing is apparently not misleading here, so I don’t see it being an ICAN where nothing came at night or Mother which was marketed like Rosemary’s Baby instead of the “I am a tortured artist who is also god” movie it was.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

http://digitalcinema.bydeluxe.com/site/dlxportal/docs/A_Quiet_Place_US_Release_IOP_Letter.pdf

It's 1:24 without credits, and its attachments are M:I 6 and Action Point.

nvm i am dum

This is gonna be a lean fucking movie though :jeb!: 

Edited by WrathOfHan

6 hours ago, Krissykins said:

It definitely went in fast. Perfect amount of time. The pacing was great and it never dragged. 

And the marketing is definitely not misleading. 

What kind of horror movie is it and does it have creepy and scary scenes ?

I can’t stand it. I really can’t stand it. A movie that Michael Bay and his production company produced is great. Not ironically great or just decent, but what I consider to be outstanding; and it’s all thanks to Jim Halpert.

Every movement that each character makes has you at the edge of your seat because if anything falls, trips, or just makes a loud sound, you squint in concern because you know that's their ass right there.

Here's my review: http://www.rendyreviews.com/movies//a-quiet-place-review

26 minutes ago, rjones1325 said:

I can’t stand it. I really can’t stand it. A movie that Michael Bay and his production company produced is great. Not ironically great or just decent, but what I consider to be outstanding; and it’s all thanks to Jim Halpert.

Every movement that each character makes has you at the edge of your seat because if anything falls, trips, or just makes a loud sound, you squint in concern because you know that's their ass right there.

Here's my review: http://www.rendyreviews.com/movies//a-quiet-place-review

He produced Texas Chainsaw Massacre too and its great too.