kayumanggi

A QUIET PLACE | 04.06.18 | Paramount | supernatural horror film

27 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm still not ruling out a Conjuring-esque breakout of over $40M+. The PG-13 rating should allow it to reach maximum potential.

Is it PG-13, though? I think it could get a rating like The Conjuring which was rated R simply for “extreme terror” or something like that.

1 minute ago, Jay Beezy said:

Is it PG-13, though? I think it could get a rating like The Conjuring which was rated R simply for “extreme terror” or something like that.

I know a few reviews said it could easily pass for a PG-13. You can get away with more these days for the most part.

On 1/2/2018 at 11:50 AM, That One Guy said:

This is being shown at all kinds of movies and, without fail, it gets a reaction every single time.  People are really liking this trailer.  I can see this being a Split style breakout if Paramount plays their cards right.

🤔🤔🤔

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

🤔🤔🤔

He's got a point; when I saw Annihilation, people had reactions that I rarely hear; I heard gasps, I heard an "uh-uh"... I think the general audience will think this looks good!

2 hours ago, slambros said:

He's got a point; when I saw Annihilation, people had reactions that I rarely hear; I heard gasps, I heard an "uh-uh"... I think the general audience will think this looks good!

John Campea took a question around the time IT came out asking if the trailers would turn people off because it looked too scary. We saw how IT played.

Edited by Jay Beezy

39 minutes ago, PenguinHyphy said:

It is an entertaining movie. I have seen Hereditary, so A Quiet Place is not amazing having seen that. However, it is not a waste of time. I am expecting the Cinemascore to be a B+. I was not expecting a Signs type movie, though. 

B+? you don’t think the GA will be in love with it?

Also LOL a trailer for this played in front of red sparrow last night and the old woman said to her husband "I think this is the new Fifty Shades of Free movie"

like WHAT. THE. HELL. LMAO. I get it when the old guy thought the red sparrow teaser was 50 shades "take off your dress" but this was literally 2/3 of the way through the trailer 

• Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

This movie  wouldn't exist without Michael Bay.

ILM VFX supervisor Scott Farrar who worked an ALL 5 Transformers movies is the VFX supervisor on this too.

Bless the Michael.

Michael Bay, Seal of Quality Since 1995.

:shades:

• ...wtf 1

23 hours ago, PenguinHyphy said:

It is an entertaining movie. I have seen Hereditary, so A Quiet Place is not amazing having seen that. However, it is not a waste of time. I am expecting the Cinemascore to be a B+. I was not expecting a Signs type movie, though. 

Signs is my favorite movie! This is like that!? :o