Eric Lasagna

Weekend Box Office: Friday #s (DHD Pg 9) BB 6.78M, BATB 6.55M, Smurfs 4M, Going in Style 4.2M, GITS 2.1M, PR 1.6M, Kong 1.5M

Well, no Get Out for me today.

My brother and I grabbed dinner at the Veggie Grill (not a bad Masala bowl for me, though the turmeric cauliflower was bland) and then headed to the theater. Only to get in line and realize we couldn't see it today...

It was sold out.

So, we'll try again tomorrow, perhaps.

• Like 3

Not very into anime but I've seen some movies in the genre/style I've liked... Spirited Away, Summer Wars, Grave of the FirefliesHowl's Moving Castle...

Okay yeah I guess that's about it.

• Like 1

Woah! Going in style had a huge jump at my theatre today! 11M+ here vs 8.2M Friday. I'm thinking the "old people" genre as a whole might have to be readjusted to how I calculate my numbers. If I use the "new system" (I can't decide which I'm going to stick with because they both seem to work depending on Genre) it would be a 5.1M Friday and a 6.8 Saturday. All this really means is that it's really over performing :)

Also lol I had a customer (really friendly regular I love this guy) compare Ghost in the Shell to Blade Runner today. Not in terms of what it was about or visuals, but how good the movie is and "potential to be a future Classic" I'm just glad some people are able to enjoy it

• Like 3

I can't believe BATB is doing over $400M. Idiots that pay to see a cheap cash in remake that changes nothing substantial and ultimately should not exist.

Disney could release a two hour long film showing the decomposing of a piece of dogshit and these same people would say it's a masterpiece and see it three times.

I hope you're happy, keep contributing to the slow death of cinema.

Edited by Mango
  • Like 2

Was bored. So I decided to see how the movies are doing on MT..

BB 23.9%

BATB 23.2%

Smurfs 10.4%

Going In Style 8.3%

PR 3.6%

P.S. Only change is PR creeping back up in the top 5 for today. Over, Your Name and Whitewashed Smurfette. Also Going In Style seems to be catching up to the Smurfs.

Edited by Momo
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Woah! Going in style had a huge jump at my theatre today! 11M+ here vs 8.2M Friday. I'm thinking the "old people" genre as a whole might have to be readjusted to how I calculate my numbers. If I use the "new system" (I can't decide which I'm going to stick with because they both seem to work depending on Genre) it would be a 5.1M Friday and a 6.8 Saturday. All this really means is that it's really over performing :)

Also lol I had a customer (really friendly regular I love this guy) compare Ghost in the Shell to Blade Runner today. Not in terms of what it was about or visuals, but how good the movie is and "potential to be a future Classic" I'm just glad some people are able to enjoy it

Well, the director of the original animation of Ghost in the Shell said that his movie's style was influenced by Blade Runner (I'm talking about the 1995 original animation), but he wanted to make a different story.

Edited by KevinPr
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mango said:

I can't believe BATB is doing over $400M. Idiots that pay to see a cheap cash in remake that changes nothing substantial and ultimately should not exist.

Disney could release a two hour long film showing the decomposing of a piece of dogshit and these same people would say it's a masterpiece and see it three times.

This better be deliberate trolling. If not, yeesh. You're the problem, not the moviegoers. 

Edited by JB33
  • Like 7

20 minutes ago, Mango said:

Somebody's mad about something.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Wrath said:

Emma keeps turning him down.

Thompson, I mean.

I knew it had to be some thing. Thought maybe it was, because Mickey didn't give him a hug at the happiest place on earth. The jilted advances work also though

• Like 1

i think some of you are definitely under appreciating Kubo and the Two Strings.  Not only is it one of the best movies last year, it is one of the best movies ever conceived.  Period.  It definitely ranks somewhere in my top 20 from last year.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DAR said:

Those of you who like anime what is that appeals to you? I just can't get over the style.  

In my opinion, the style helps aid in the suspension of disbelief. Anime tends to be over-the-top and creative with its characters and worlds (although the tropes become more and more apparent the more shows you watch), and feels distinctly different than western TV shows/movies. Keep in mind that it is also very broad. Whatever genres you enjoy, chances are that there's an anime in your wheelhouse.         

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAR said:

Those of you who like anime what is that appeals to you?  I just can't get over the style.  

I don't actually like anime besides the obvious ones(I did grow up with Dragon Ball Z and Pokemon, that smurf was inescapable for a boy my age back then) but this one was so good that I could actually get over the uncomfortable tropes and really invest myself in it.

Just my opinion though so if you dislike anime/animation/cartoons in general and don't go in with an open mind then you obviously will start hating on it from the first trope. If you can get over yourself though then it's a great little movie, it was right at home in my top 10 last year and over all the other animations.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

i think some of you are definitely under appreciating Kubo and the Two Strings.  Not only is it one of the best movies last year, it is one of the best movies ever conceived.  Period.  It definitely ranks somewhere in my top 20 from last year.

One of the best movies ever conceived and it was in your top20 from last year? Okay, well, how high was it then? Cause anything you ranked above it would also have to be one of the best movies ever conceived, no?

But yeah, I did enjoy Kubo.

36 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I don't actually like anime besides the obvious ones(I did grow up with Dragon Ball Z and Pokemon, that smurf was inescapable for a boy my age back then) but this one was so good that I could actually get over the uncomfortable tropes and really invest myself in it.

Just my opinion though so if you dislike anime/animation/cartoons in general and don't go in with an open mind then you obviously will start hating on it from the first trope. If you can get over yourself though then it's a great little movie, it was right at home in my top 10 last year and over all the other animations.

I love animation(I still watch Saturday morning cartoons) 

• Like 1

Your name is a nice enough film.  But the plot holes that develop as the story progresses are big enough to park a bus in and sadly by the final act it's Gotten to the point that it feels just stupid. 

If your able to look past that though, i can understand people really liking it. 

• Like 1