Ezen Baklattan

THE THREAD OF THE FURIOUS: Friday #s (DHD, Pg 36) F8 45.5M, BB 6.6M, BATB 5.3M, Smurfs 2.9M, GIS 2.1M

18 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

1: Great chill movie

2: decent chill movie

3: eh

4: awsome

5: sucks ball

6: pretty dope

7: decent movie with great PW tribute

marketing for this one has really worked for me and F Gary Gray is the best director the franchise has ever used

Having seen it and based on your track record,there is a chance you will be dissappointed(judging by others who liked the franchise better than me...i hated F8)

• Like 2

A week after Fast 7, I said Fast 8 was going to do Fast 6 numbers. I seem to be right. Not sure why everyone is acting doom and gloom.

Universal is making a lot of money. This also cost the same as Fast 7 I believe 200m not 250. Remember they added a lot to the budget after Walkers death (Insurance covers it) Plus they get FAT cash for the car companies in these movies (all blockbusters do)

Its hilarious people are even wondering if Universal is going to make money on a 1 Billion dollar grosser. 

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

They just sit around until the last 20 minutes...

Technically Ethan is correct. Fast Five actually does has the longest gab between any major action set piece in the franchise.  

However that 50 minute dry stretch (from Foot chase to Hobbs/Dom fight) s is fun and has lots of little moments.   I personally and most I assume find the major set pieces in Fast Five the most well made but also the plot is the most engaging. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Technically Ethan is correct. Fast Five actually does has the longest gab between any major action set piece in the franchise.  

However that 50 minute dry stretch (from Foot chase to Hobbs/Dom fight) s is fun and has lots of little moments.   I personally and most I assume find the major set pieces in Fast Five the most well made but also the plot is the most engaging. 

It is also the time when they actually set up clear motivations and repercussions for the final action sequence instead of just diving into it and explaining during the action. That is one of the reasons Fast Five is rated the best among the franchise by most people.

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

A week after Fast 7, I said Fast 8 was going to do Fast 6 numbers. I seem to be right. Not sure why everyone is acting doom and gloom.

Universal is making a lot of money. This also cost the same as Fast 7 I believe 200m not 250. Remember they added a lot to the budget after Walkers death (Insurance covers it) Plus they get FAT cash for the car companies in these movies (all blockbusters do)

Its hilarious people are even wondering if Universal is going to make money on a 1 Billion dollar grosser. 

Budget for this went up.  It's been reported at $250m. 

But of course it will make lots of money.

12 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

these days when a movie decreases people act like it is the end of the world. Too bad this board wasn't here when movies like Star Trek Nemesis and Licence to Kill came out lol

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, THE PHENOMENAL BKB said:

I'm so feeling the St.Louis Blues right now after that great game they had with the Minnesota Wild the other night.. Game 2 tonight.. I hope St.Louis wins and advances to face Nashville..

Ever since they fired fat ass The Blues have been one of the best in the league. Im rooting for a Blues Flames West final so Elliot can play Allen.

• Like 2

For those thinking about number patterns F6 did 97m on an inflated weekend where as F8s weekend is deflated quite a bit. So if in the end it is right with it or just over F6 that's still a win. 

But some people ain't ever gonna be happy lol.

35 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Some people just have way too high expectations.

35 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Not all blockbusters, some even have to pay when they break them, they get a lot of car companies ads mentioning the movie and for sure car for free (that they can break on those), not sure it is fat cash transaction.

I'm not sure why it would cost 200M or that Fast 7 would have cost 200M, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was 236, The Amazing spidermans movie were over 300 before tax credits and those do not have a costly assemble cast like Fast&Furious, 200 million net would Angels and Demon cost, extremelly cheap for a blockbuster sequels that shot on locations and returning star cast like F&F.

And for Sure universal will again make a lot of money, those F&F could do 50% of what they are doing and still be huge success.

When I go to see F8 tonight, I'm guessing RTH will stop by for some estimates. This is the report I expect, word for word

"I've got good news and bad news"

You know I like my dessert first

"F8 is gonna be the 2nd highest opening of the franchise"

Now gimme the damn veggies

"It might not make 100m OW" :sadben:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Lestranger said:

Profit, yes. Plenty? 

F7 made profit of 350 million (according to deadline). Total Rev was 1 billion, Total cost was 655 million. 

Let's say F8 has a similar revenue and cost structure. Let's say it hits 100 ow domestic. 2.5x multiple, dom is only 25% of total (which seems low, but whatever). So it does 1 billion worldwide. Typical total revenue to box office is about 83% but for bigger films it is lower around 77%. F7 was at 66%. So lets be generous and say F8 pulls in a more normal 70% of worldwide box office as total revenue. F8 should create 700 million in revenue.

For costs, we have a 250 prod budget plus a massive p&a. F7 p&a was 172 million. I will assume F8 has at least or more. F7 had a prod budget to total cost ration of 38% so we can expect F8 to something similar. Total costs at gonna be around 657 million, but probably more towards 700 million. 

I am seeing a small profit to a push. I think they are probably having a two martini lunch in Studio City today.

I think it'll have a similar profile as age of extinction: http://deadline.com/2015/03/transformers-age-of-extinction-profit-box-office-2014-1201391233/

• Like 1