kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

8 hours ago, Taruseth said:

China is missing, so I doubt it.

(TFA opened without China and did 529M) 

So it would need to increase 71M to top that.

I am not certain that is doable.

Edit: I might underestimate Asia a lot (and it looks strong in France and Australia) so if it does incredible in the UK it could at least get close.

If the Dom opening is above 250M it get's more likely and if it opens to 270M I would say it has a decent chance (270M is a bit above TFA adjusted)

TFA was released before Christmas, which "weakened" its opening despite the insane hype. I'd say 300M OS opening is a near lock, and after doing some calculations I got over 350M. 600M or not, 550M WW opening is a lock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZeeSoh said:

It’s not really comparable since these movies opened in different territories on its first day. 

Yeah, I know. I'm not suggesting that this has anything to do its overall gross in the future. It's just interesting from a historical point of view that no other films have achieved this on their first day.

Just now, HouseOfTheSun said:

My hype is getting out of control 

As it should! My expectations were seen as being way too high for this movie and still...this movie went beyond my expectations, I never imagined it could but it did.

You'll remember this forever, I can guarantee :)

• Like 2

That’s bonker for IW, and Germany of all European countries. If the EU really turn out for this more than normal MCU fares, then that can make up for the ER loss. 

47 minutes ago, Sam said:

That’s bonker for IW, and Germany of all European countries. If the EU really turn out for this more than normal MCU fares, then that can make up for the ER loss. 

ER for the Euro is better now than it was for AOU

AOU:  US $1 = 0.91934 Euro

April 13- 15 = $1 = 0.811 Euro

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

ER for the Euro is better now than it was for AOU

AOU:  US $1 = 0.91934 Euro

April 13- 15 = $1 = 0.811 Euro

Sorry I wasn’t clear, I mean overall loss due to ER. I think it’s worse in most other countries? Especially Latin America. 

So if Europe overperform compare to other MCU, then that’s one compensating factor 

• Like 3

THAILAND

Day 2 (Thursday) : 38.98m THB (1.23m USD)

-29% from OD

2-Day total: 93.8m THB (2.97m USD)

Note that the Thai BO only counts the two largest cities (Bangkok Metro and Chiangmai)

The nationwide gross is around 1.6-2x this value (so my guess would be around 5.5m now.)

However, I don't think the nationwide gross is reported officially anywhere, nor does it get counted in the total international BO.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, XeOF4 said:

THAILAND

Day 2 (Thursday) : 38.98m THB (1.23m USD)

-29% from OD

2-Day total: 93.8m THB (2.97m USD)

Note that the Thai BO only counts the two largest cities (Bangkok Metro and Chiangmai)

The nationwide gross is around 1.6-2x this value (so my guess would be around 5.5m now.)

However, I don't think the nationwide gross is reported officially anywhere, nor does it get counted in the total international BO.

Nice to get data from Thailand, that's not common here!

8 hours ago, Proxima Olive said:

Germany 

IW OD 200K adm, €2.6m

Avengers had 100k admissions OD, Avengers: Age of Ultron 135k

Germany is a market I expected nothing from honestly, glad to see they're more receptive to this one. Great because it's so much better than Ultron!

14 hours ago, Omni said:

TFA was released before Christmas, which "weakened" its opening despite the insane hype. I'd say 300M OS opening is a near lock, and after doing some calculations I got over 350M. 600M or not, 550M WW opening is a lock.

We don't really now if that is truth, do we.

The time around Christmas has always been one of the best parts of the year.

But apart from that. I didn't say that I think it won't happen, just that it isn't that likely because for 600M it would need 250 and 350 and I think both might a slight stretch. But as all countries seem to perform really good even in Europe, I think 350M OS actually could happen and if the Previews are really on par with TLJ than IW might do it. It would be really funny if the biggest WW Opening is done without China.

40 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Germany is a market I expected nothing from honestly, glad to see they're more receptive to this one. Great because it's so much better than Ultron!

I totally agree and this means an Opening Weekend over 1Mio admissions (>€11Mio = >$13Mio)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

We don't really now if that is truth, do we.

The time around Christmas has always been one of the best parts of the year.

But apart from that. I didn't say that I think it won't happen, just that it isn't that likely because for 600M it would need 250 and 350 and I think both might a slight stretch. But as all countries seem to perform really good even in Europe, I think 350M OS actually could happen and if the Previews are really on par with TLJ than IW might do it. It would be really funny if the biggest WW Opening is done without China.

I totally agree and this means an Opening Weekend over 1Mio admissions (>€11Mio = >$13Mio)

This means that the real OW total (all markets combined) would be a whopping 800M, including China, Russia and small others. That's a phenomenal number, for an OW. That means in essentially 3-5 days, IW outgrossed Justice League WW total.

2 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

This means that the real OW total (all markets combined) would be a whopping 800M, including China, Russia and small others. That's a phenomenal number, for an OW. That means in essentially 3-5 days, IW outgrossed Justice League WW total.

IMDB says only Russia and China will open later and I doubt they will get 200M together. There for it would need to do 190M or something close in China and that would be on par with F&F8 Opening Weekend.

And we don't know if it really gets to 600M, 250M dom aren't easy to reach, nor are 350M OS. And it needs good holds trough the weekend to get there.

5 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

IMDB says only Russia and China will open later and I doubt they will get 200M together. There for it would need to do 190M or something close in China and that would be on par with F&F8 Opening Weekend.

And we don't know if it really gets to 600M, 250M dom aren't easy to reach, nor are 350M OS. And it needs good holds trough the weekend to get there.

I know it would be incredibly difficult to reach. But just the fact that a 750-800M WW real opening is a viable possibility is astonishing

12 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

Not impossible given the pre-sale numbers in China at the moment