kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Đồng, teehee.

Gotta do it the American way. It’s Dong. Makes so much more sense 

(Like no joke, one time we went to this Viet restaurant called A Dong, such an unfortunate name they chose lol)

5 minutes ago, Sam said:

Gotta do it the American way. It’s Dong. Makes so much more sense 

(Like no joke, one time we went to this Viet restaurant called A Dong, such an unfortunate name they chose lol)

I'm trying to work on my writing/speaking for Vietnamese. I learned Telex the other day, so I figured I'd might as well use it.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bladels said:

Kong is the OW record holder with ~2.75M OW.

I don't have number for OD record

Edit: Just found previous OD record is also Kong's with 18.2B dong ~ $0.8M 

So IW broke record by 40%. And IW opened on Wed instead of Fri as Kong which makes it even more insane

Thank you! That’s real neat. 

Mismatched release days between Kong and IW aside, OW record is toast then. IW is already 1/3 of the way there. 

Still absolutely bonker movie going business has boomed that much in Vietnam. 

A few years back when I was there, I went to check out how movie theaters in VN is like. I enjoyed it. I really appreciated that they offer almost all subtitled version for Hollywood movies instead of dubbing.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sam said:

Mismatched release days between Kong and IW aside, OW record is toast then. IW is already 1/3 of the way there. 

A few years back when I was there, I went to check out how movie theaters in VN is like. I enjoyed it. I really appreciated that they offer almost all subtitled version for Hollywood movies instead of dubbing.

Most attended movie in Vietnam is Kong with less than 3M admision. Vietnam's population is ~ 93M so there's a lot of room to grow. 

And we only dub animated movies for children :D

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sam said:

Black panther OD 17B Dong, Ow 60B

1 minute ago, Fullbuster said:

I'm quite the modest person :hahaha:

Hope you enjoy the movie! I have to wait 21 more hours to see it. I expect a big increase in Belgium OD as well i coudn't go to a 2D screening today with my gf cause it was sold out. 2D is about 50-55% of the daily showings.

8 minutes ago, Belle said:

How likely is this beating Furious 7 1.163 bil ww? 

I guess you mean OS. It is early to say. According first data, the chance exists, but let's see the OW. This could be way more frontloaded than previous entries. And to reach that amount it will be needed at least than 300 million in China. Something likely, but still not locked.

Edited by peludo

2 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Hope you enjoy the movie! I have to wait 21 more hours to see it. I expect a big increase in Belgium OD as well i coudn't go to a 2D screening today with my gf cause it was sold out. 2D is about 50-55% of the daily showings.

I'm out of likes but you'll get an imaginary one :P

I'm going there blindly and 1 hour in advance so I hope they'll be some seats for me lol, it always worked so it's ok :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, peludo said:

I guess you mean OS. It is early to say. According first data, the chance exists, but let's see the OW. This could be way more frontloaded than previous entries. And to reach that amount it will be needed at least than 300 million in China. Something likely, but still not locked.

Yes OS. I'll edit it rn. 

what's the low-end for AIW? 650 os-china + 250 china = 900....that's a nice low-end to have :lol:

on the maxima side probably 850 os-china  + 350 china = 1200

splitting the difference 750 os-china + 300 china = 1050

• Like 1

Audience Rating in Asian markets:

HK 4.6/5, rise from 4.3/5 initially, one of best for HLW blockbusters

Taipei 4.6/5, rise from 4.4/5

Japan 4.4/5, after previews

SK: 9.25/10

I'm more confident in its reception in China

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

(LEAD) 'Avengers 3' breaks all-time opening day record in S. Korea

2018/04/26 09:50

Article View Option
SNS Sh(ATTN: UPDATES with Thursday's box office in third para)

SEOUL, April 26 (Yonhap) -- "Avengers: Infinity War" charted the biggest opening day ever in South Korea with an audience of nearly 1 million, outstripping the first day of last year's local hit "The Battleship Island" (972,161), data showed Thursday.

The Marvel superhero flick opened on Wednesday and garnered 976,835 admissions, which is slightly more than 94 percent of all tickets sold in local theaters, the Korean Film Council said.

The film already passed the 1 million threshold in attendance on Thursday morning, according to its local distributor Walt Disney Company Korea.

In addition, the new movie had the biggest opening day for the Avengers franchise in the country, supplanting "Avengers: Age of Ultron" seen by 625,666 people on the first day and 10,490,000 in total.

The strongest-ever opening by "Infinity War" had been largely expected as it sold more than 1 million presale tickets for the first time in the country.

The third movie in the "Avengers" series brings together 22 heroes of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, including Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Captain America (Chris Evans), Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), Thor (Chris Hemsworth) and the Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) to stop the villain Thanos in his quest to destroy half of the world.

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2018/04/26/0200000000AEN20180426002051315.html

• Like 4
  • Astonished 2