kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

Avengers - Infinity War Has A Huge Second Day

Avengers - Infinity War had another huge day as it collected around 30-30.50 crore nett on its second day. The total collections of the film in two days are now 61 crore nett. The film has beaten the likes of Black Panther and Tor - Ragnorak in two days flat as far as thr boxoffice in india is concerned. 

There was a little drop on Saturday but that was expected as the film got such a big opening day with very high occupancy so some places come down a little. The trend of the film is fantastic and Sunday could see some growth but it will be limited if it does come as there is not much room for the film to grow.

The first two day collections of Avengers - Infinity War are as follows

Friday - 31,33,00,000

Saturday - 30,25,00,000

TOTAL - 61,58,00,000

The weekend should be in the range of 92-94 crore nett which would almost make it the second highest Hollywood film in India and that title is sure to come on Monday as it crossed the 100 crore nett mark and becomes the second Hollywood film to do so after The Jungle Book (2016).

The Jungle Book grossed around 180 crore nett which is the highest non holiday grosser after Bahubali - the Conclusion and Avengers - Infinity War will be looking to cross The Jungle Book and the way its gone over the first two days the chances are good to beat The Jungle Book.

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=3890

EDIT: 12M in 2 days flat going for 19M weekend. MCU really is the most loved Hollywood franchise here in India.

Edited by oMeriMombatti
  • Like 3
  • Astonished 1

It looks like the cumulative opening of all overseas market (including those to come like Russia and China) might be as high as $600 million. Even a conservative multiplier from that gets Infinity War to at least $1.2 billion OS (with the potential for much higher if legs are good).

3 hours ago, LeoC said:

Any update about Singapore? I reckoned IW should've broken the record there.

dont expect any numbers to come, until late night today..but pretty sure that OW record is toast..im3 3.7mn+ usd

8 hours ago, Proxima Olive said:

Actually it may only debut #2 in Japan in admissions.

It looks like it indeed, but I don't remember if that thread was about #1 debuts on Mojo (in revenue) or #1 debuts on the official country rankings (which could put it at #2 in Japan).

2 hours ago, Rthanos said:

Cume through Sunday probably exceed lc30m

That would put IW OW $7.6 USD!!! 

That is a total lifetime of these movies combined:

The Amazing Spider Man

TDKR

Man of Steel

All Hobbit movies

All X-Men movies

Ant Man

TFA

TLJ

Rougue One

BvS

Doc Strange

Deadpool

Spiderman Homecoming

Both Guardian movies

My goodness...Malaysians are going bonkers with IW hype!!!

• Astonished 3
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, Mojim said:

That would put IW OW $7.6 USD!!! 

That is a total lifetime of these movies combined:

The Amazing Spider Man

TDKR

Man of Steel

All Hobbit movies

All X-Men movies

Ant Man

TFA

TLJ

Rougue One

BvS

Doc Strange

Deadpool

Spiderman Homecoming

Both Guardian movies

My goodness...Malaysians are going bonkers with IW hype!!!

Incredible... what is the previous record? 

22 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

I will assume this will go like SW7 OS + exploded china.

SW7 OS was $1.13b with 124m from china, if china exploded to 500m, meaning 1.5b OS is within reach.

I would say, if it wasn't for Europe and Japan, Avengers would have defeated Titanic in 2012, if it wasn't for china + some asian market , titanic would also be defeated by SW7 in 2015.

And now seem like even the most inert place for superhero craze, mainly europe and japan are now gaga for it....Titanic is not longer safe....

I start to think 1B is really possible without China, which basically would exactly be SW7 OS-China and just the fourth film to do that without China (Avatar, Titanic and SW7).

If you would have asked me a week ago, I would have said 1B without China is totally impossible and even 900M might not happen (with a chance of more than 50% not happening):lol:

And if China really explodes to 500M well than Titanic might fall.