grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The Mummy is only getting two screens at the multiplex I frequent and they're keeping Wonder Woman in the two biggest houses for the weekend. That doesn't seem very confident.

Yup. I was surprised when my theater pushed The Mummy out of their second biggest auditorium (for Megan Leavey, which will now instead be in an average one :lol: ), but with weak presales and Captain Underpants overperforming last weekend, it makes sense. I'm a bit more surprised Alien is already gone at my theater (this weekend) though; it and EE have been performing about equally the past few days, so I figured they'd just share a screen.

Edited by WrathOfHan

I thought Dracula Untold did worse domestic than I remembered but then I looked it up and saw that it did $23M/$56M. Which isn't too bad considering the budget wasn't too high and it had no starpower (and opened in October instead of summer). Anything less than that will probably result in multiple pink slips at Universal.

Mummy Previews

7 showings

3 Ultra Screen - 290 seats - 7 sold, 0 sold, 0 sold

2 Super Screen - 134 seats - 2 sold, 0 sold

2 Normal Screen - 78 seats - 1 sold, 1 sold

Not good at all for my theater. Alien Covenant was doing better at the same point... hell even Baywatch was.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I thought Dracula Untold did worse domestic than I remembered but then I looked it up and saw that it did $23M/$56M. Which isn't too bad considering the budget wasn't too high and it had no starpower (and opened in October instead of summer). Anything less than that will probably result in multiple pink slips at Universal.

Dracula Untold actually did really well outside the US. It ended up with a worldwide total of $221 million. If the Mummy finishes under that, it would be insane. But it could actually happen.

1 hour ago, Frozen said:

Dracula Untold actually did really well outside the US. It ended up with a worldwide total of $221 million. If the Mummy finishes under that, it would be insane. But it could actually happen.

I highly doubt it will happen. The Mummy could do 150m from South Korea and China alone.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

I highly doubt it will happen. The Mummy could do 150m from South Korea and China alone.

This. I think the OS run should be quite solid. Early signs are good. I seriously doubt TM does under 250m OS.

I can total see The Mummy doing over 300M with a low domestic gross; that'll probably account for 20% of the WW total :lol: Unless this is a HUGE bomb, Universal is going to go ahead with the Dark Universe; Bride of Frankenstein doesn't sound expensive, and Blumhouse is a guaranteed hit maker.

Edited by WrathOfHan

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Presales from our friend, no figures given just a current comparison 

All Eyez On Me > Cars 3 > Spider-Man > The Mummy

Wow that does not look good for The Mummy. 

Is it possible for our friend to indicate how does the number for SM:HC compare to othere recent SH movies? Maybe one of the mods can ask?

• Like 2

I've been saying things are looking good for All Eyez but it seems to be flying under the radar here. I've been thinking it could get 30M or so for a while. It's been popping up fairly consistently on Pulse for some time. I bet it blows up on ticket sales next week.

9 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Presales from our friend, no figures given just a current comparison 

All Eyez On Me > Cars 3 > Spider-Man > The Mummy

lmao at the Mummy

Good for All Eyez on me.

Edited by babz06