grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

7 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

WW3D > Mummy = not good.  nothing in 3d should be outdoing any premier.  Where is The Circle??  I was hoping it would pop back up on Pulse.

Agreed, esp when on OW, at least around here, 3D was not selling very well.

40 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm more interested in seeing what happens to this monster universe that Universal was clearly hoping this movie would spearhead now. Do they go forward with it or do they just pretend this movie never happened in the likely event it's a financial miss? Big name talent might be wary of signing on.

Wasn´t Dracula the movie that started the Dark Universe?

On 6/6/2017 at 2:21 PM, Hiccup23 said:

Mummy Previews

7 showings

3 Ultra Screen - 290 seats - 7 sold, 0 sold, 0 sold

2 Super Screen - 134 seats - 2 sold, 0 sold

2 Normal Screen - 78 seats - 1 sold, 1 sold

Not good at all for my theater. Alien Covenant was doing better at the same point... hell even Baywatch was.

Mummy Previews

7 showings

3 Ultra Screen - 290 seats - 30 sold, 7 sold, 0 sold

2 Super Screen - 134 seats - 22 sold, 2 sold

2 Normal Screen - 78 seats - 1 sold, 3 sold

65/1,294 (5% sold)

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Maybe? Either way, this isn't hitting 30M with these presales, and 25M looks shaky.

1 hour ago, TheMovieman said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

;)

Based off the lack of hype and interest, I'd say 35m OW is the ceiling.

The Mummy will really test whether strong U.S. showings are really "needed" anymore for these multi-film universes. Even if the movie flops in the U.S., if it does well overseas (and early indications out of Asia seem to suggest it well, at least in that region), that will be all the incentive Universal needs to proceed with their Dark Universe. I don't imagine subsequent DU movies to be big-budget affairs to Universal may just try to manage their monster universe as a low / mid-budget set of films (propped up with high-level acting talent).

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Negative Panda Covfefe said:

I should have stuck with my sub-60m Mummy predict from the beginning of the year.  This looks like a slightly more high profile Dracula Untold.

This is crazy, there's no way The Mommy does that. There's an over $100M audience for this movie out there. It has Tom Cruise, it has a good marketing push, there's no way it does less than 100M. Worst case scenario it will do The Legend of Tarzan numbers.

Pulse:

1. WW

2. WW 3D

3. The Mummy

4. Underpants

5. POTC

I'm starting to feel that The Witch's OW is the best case scenario for It Comes at Night. It's still selling 1 ticket per minute on Pulse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Negative Panda Covfefe said:

Yeah, I'm thinking sub-30m OW for Mummy might happen.  International looks like it'll save it though.

Outside of Mission Impossible, that's the story of Tom Cruise movies these days.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, franfar said:

Outside of Mission Impossible, that's the story of Tom Cruise movies these days.

American Made will be a real test for a Cruise film that isn't action oriented