grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

33 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

How the hell is I Can Only Imagine selling so many tickets?

I thought it would be the bomb this weekend!

Organised group watch probably pre-buy ticket to event much more than individual and I can Only Imagine should have a disproportionate amount of those.

1 hour ago, Hiccup23 said:

Night Pulse 15 minute watch

Love, Simon: 172 tickets 

Tomb Raider: 169 tickets

I Can Only Imagine: 211 tickets 

Love, Simon is the most impressive jump of all. 

Tomb Raider is gain speed but behind Love, Simon on Pulse...which isn't good.

ICOI regained momentum and sits at #2 on Pulse......

Tomb raider 200/15 min pulse

Edited by Brinatico
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

How the hell is I Can Only Imagine selling so many tickets?

I thought it would be the bomb this weekend!

It will have a box office limit with only 1600+ theaters (vs the other 2 openers)...but it's definitely not gonna be a Samson-type opener with these presales...if I was betting, I'd say it's probably gonna open easily above Samson's whole DOM BO run...

As for how it can be appealing...who doesn't want to see a movie where a dad redeems himself to his son?  The trailer was well done to both include the popular song and to set up this plot line...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

Great link and the first time that it works for me (except the list of top sellers, I have to count on my own)! Very exciting for a box office nerd ;).
Saw also some buys for Entebbe (from Florida), RPO and many for Paul, Apostle of Christ (all from Louisiana).

5 Minutes of watching (not the best time probably and also a bit unfair for Love, Simon I guess):

ICOI: 80
TR: 60
Love, Simon: 11

Now I`m really curious...We never found out if the very early appearance of ICOI had to do with large free shows or not or did we?

The MT updates over the day should show a clearer picture because now it`s Thursday what means for sure no free shows today, just the normal Thursday previews.

4 hours ago, Thematrixfilm said:

I do not get it either.  It should show the top 5 with pictures.  Some people get the images and post it.   Ask them, someone should be on here later and explain it to you.

The physical numbers people post is from counting and a notepad.  Look for patterns though, it does repeat every so often.  Once you find the placement pattern, you will know when to stop counting.  

I use the clock in the upper left hand corner.  So no repeats and a consistent time period not skewed by heavier or lesser traffic.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

5 minutes pulse watch;

Love, Simon 38

Tomb Raider 44

I Can Only Imagine 93

What the heck is happening with ICOI?

Don't forget, it will be much less walk-up based (probably) than a normal movie due to the large group buying, the nature of the movie, etc...but yes, its numbers are very encouraging relative to those now seemingly way off Deadline predictions from just Tuesday...