grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

Oh, very useful. So then 41.629*37,060/30.991 is about 49.8 projected for the day, though it might accelerate past that.       

I think I understand all the tabs and fandango tracker widgets now, should bother you with a lot fewer questions for future movies 😛 

Yeah, pretty much. Of course, that 49.8K isn't set. There's plenty of fluctuation for it to go down or up, depending on what the next few hours are like. Of course, there are only two hours left to tally, so it probably won't be that much of a fluctuation. At the very least, it should pass 47K, maybe even 48K

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

gatsby-thanks.png

I thought I hit the latest hour number, but I guess I didn't. :)

It updates about 6 minutes and 20 seconds after the hour on my device. Most of my posts to this thread about it have been within 30 secs of the new number being available. There are some who would say that I have a problem, but I say.... well, at least it’s only a problem around 10 days a year.   

Edit: Also the linear extrapolation from yesterday has risen to 45,839*37,060/32.913=51.6k. 

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

My God, 7 people are looking at my spreadsheet now. :lol: 

Live data is EXCITING. This is the second most exciting presale day of what now looks like it might be the second third largest PS run of the year.

Whoops, forgot IX...

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, YLF said:

Will captain marvel open to 200M then?

My theater has booked on half their screens like they did Infinity War last year and everywhere else around here is similar so who knows what's in store. Confident it's blasting past those $125M or so projections though.

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

Interesting.  Any particular reason that you might be aware of?  Or is it just one of those things where one culture seems to prefer one thing where another doesn't?

Latter. People consider 3D experience better than 2D. For many its relatively new thing.

May be after few years trend will change.

• Thanks 1

Super curious what the Thursday fandango #s will be. After going from 95 to 100 to ~120% of BP’s Fandango dailies this week, I would guess it will be above 120% of BP’s Thursday, or ~80k+. Now, BP increased by about 50% Thurs. Venom and FB2, also roughly +50%. IW... + over 200%. So, who the heck knows.

On 3/5/2019 at 11:10 AM, Charlie Jatinder said:

Assuming the film play as the following 4 comps on their next 4 days and then translating the Thursday to previews give some really big numbers. Look at yourself.

Black Panther 32950 33,762 37,140 60,873    $  23,483,234
Avengers: Infinity War 32950 36,293 45,506 136,201    $  25,785,577
Deadpool 2 32950 41,157 58,699 89,732    $  26,492,176
Venom 32950 33,473 50,549 76,474    $  24,224,379

That said, @Thanos Legion, Infinity War seems close :P

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, YLF said:

Will captain marvel open to 200M then?

If Carol does 200M, I will totally jump on the 300M AEG Train.

3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Super curious what the Thursday fandango #s will be. ... So, who the heck knows.

How many colleges are on spring break?