grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

@Nova I'm feeling better about my EG 3rd weekend over Pika's OW prediction :stirthepot:

Spoiler

on a more serious note, I think both of the movies will do around 65M-80M on that weekend but depends on EG's rewatch value and how good it holds the premium screens, there's a small chance that Pikachu loses the weekend :ph34r:

Edited by RealLyre
  • Like 2

So Fandango in its infinite wisdom looks to have stopped showing a difference between a purchased seat and an unavailable seat.  

Terrrrrrrific. :kitschjob:

(doing a quick seat map of Pika Pika and ran into this.  I hope to hell this isn't gonna happen when I do my Endgame seat check tonight. :kitschjob:)

• Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

I mean I thought he was just lying/hyperboling about those IRL stories to feed is over the top Internet avatar.

Nope it actually happened, people on twitter were talking about it.

• Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

@Nova I'm feeling better about my EG 3rd weekend over Pika's OW prediction :stirthepot:

Hide contents

on a more serious note, I think both of the movies will do around 65M-80M on that weekend but depends on EG's rewatch value and how good it holds the premium screens, there's a small chance that Pikachu loses the weekend :ph34r:

Imo no way Pikachu goes under 75 at worst unless it gets toxic reviews.

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

So Fandango in its infinite wisdom looks to have stopped showing a difference between a purchased seat and an unavailable seat.  

(doing a quick seat map of Pika Pika and ran into this.  I hope to hell this isn't gonna happen when I do my Endgame seat check tonight. :kitschjob:)

You want the bad news now, or just run into it later....

:whosad:

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

*checks a random Endgame showing*

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. :gold::gold::gold::gold::gold::gold::gold::gold:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

You want the bad news now, or just run into it later....

:whosad:

This BETTER not be permanent, is all I have to say.  I don't particluarly want to switch to Atom or corp websites, but I will if I have to.  Especially for setting up initial seat maps/seeing if seats have been taken away/added.

EDIT:::

It was NOT like this, earlier today.  So I'm not exactly pleased right now.

Edited by Porthos
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

The theater I'm tracking shows a good 450 extra seats sold over the weekend compared to yesterday for Endgame. Comps are going to be screwy till we can see what a theater looks like while empty and just subtract the broken/reserved seats from the total.

10 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

Reveal hidden contents

Guess we are on separate boats on this one :ph34r: In time we will see which one of us has boarded the Titanic or not. 

I really wish I tracked other family films (or films similar to Detective Pikachu like the Lego movie) to see how it is stalking up. It's certainly not gonna match I2's first 24 hour sales on Fandango but its currently at the 50% mark which imo is solid. Of course I2 had crazy sales the week of release so really all depends if Pikachu can get a burst in sales that week or not. And of course like always, I am making the assumption it'll play like a family film. If not, then these comps are obv useless. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Imo no way Pikachu goes under 75 at worst unless it gets toxic reviews.

305M OW for EG and slightly better than IW weekend holds (-52% and -49% for weekend 2 and 3 respectively)  are enough for 75M so :rock:

1 minute ago, RealLyre said:

305M OW for EG and slightly better than IW weekend holds (-52% and -49% for weekend 2 and 3 respectively)  are enough for 75M so :rock:

Keyword is at worst. Fairly sure if I had to be super narrow on what it's OW'll be, it'll be 90-100 million.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

The theater I'm tracking shows a good 450 extra seats sold over the weekend compared to yesterday for Endgame. Comps are going to be screwy till we can see what a theater looks like while empty and just subtract the broken/reserved seats from the total.

I'm just hoping it's a glitch and not a new 'feature'.

Rolling now at 25.8k, has fallen last two hours. Will be first day below 2x IW, but dropping some is expected with how little low-hanging fruit is left.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1