grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

10 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Went through posts yesterday to find a comp for sometime this morning and the 1472 number is from @VenomXXR at 8:00. I think he adds up the hourlies.

3 minutes ago, Menor said:

Oh ok, I guess he can clarify then. It just seems like too big of an increase to be believable

Yes 1472 through 8:00 for yesterday is correct. The day before was half that. Today is going to be huge. 

Edited by VenomXXR
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

That’s on the 24 hour, not hourly. Hourly still needs to adjust the 07:00 update and hasn’t put out the 08:00 update yet. Will likely be over 9200 when it comes through.

More than 6x yesterday wtf, the ratio is gonna drop a lot I guess but this is an unbelievable start

can anybody check how the showings for EG on Sunday 9PM EST are doing? that's when one of the biggest and most hype Game of Thrones episodes will air, I'm very very curious to see if it will have any sort of effect on the box office :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

can anybody check how the showings for EG on Sunday 9PM EST are doing? that's when one of the biggest and most hype Game of Thrones episodes will air, I'm very very curious to see if it will have any sort of effect on the box office :ph34r:

9pm before a work/school day will have far more impact - as usual - hence Sunday drops from Saturday

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

I am hopeful it won't have an effect. You can watch GoT anytime

10 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

My theater currently has 8 showtimes that will be playing during the GOT episode. If you subtract the one added yesterday, the other 7 are already at about 55-60% sold.

Edited by VenomXXR
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

IIRC, it doesn't seem to be affecting anything at my AMC for Sunday

• Thanks 1