grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

3 minutes ago, Nero said:

I am hopeful it won't have an effect. You can watch GoT anytime

that's true but a lot of people try to watch it asap to avoid spoilers, especially for a high profile episode like the next one that will have the longest battle sequence in cinema history according to the showrunners :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

that's true but a lot of people try to watch it asap to avoid spoilers, especially for a high profile episode like the next one that will have the longest battle sequence in cinema history according to the showrunners :ph34r:

Sure but say you are watching AEG at 9 movie will end at 12 after you go home you can watch it. I don't think anyone will spoil it if you avoid the social media. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

can anybody check how the showings for EG on Sunday 9PM EST are doing? that's when one of the biggest and most hype Game of Thrones episodes will air, I'm very very curious to see if it will have any sort of effect on the box office :ph34r:

It will have exactly zero effect.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Menor said:

Yeah did GOT premiere have any effect? Bc if that didn't then I don't think the 3rd episode (yes, yes, even with the huge battle scene) will have much of an effect

None and it didn't have any effect on the Sundays of Avengers, IM3, AOU or CW

This isn't exactly the finale of MASH.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Fandango

Endgame at 8:00 - April 21 (1472)

Endgame at 8:00 - April 22 (10569)

HUGE pickup this hour

Passed 2000 tickets sold in one hour at just 8:00, and it'll keep picking up probably till 10 or 11. Amazing.

Edited by Menor

On 4/21/2019 at 10:00 AM, Jonan23 said:

What's the difference between Avengers at number 1 and number 9?

If I remember it right its either 2D and 3D or IMAX / non IMAX

The ones usually posting and reading here a lot should know more, but as no one had answered till now....

19 hours ago, john2000 said:

estimate it finish ? or it stared now ?

19 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

Not sure yet. Really depends on how heavy the late night pick up is. 40000 is the goal, and I'd say 33000 is the minimum right now. 

Not 100% sure but I think he meant to ask, if those numbers are actual at that moment numbers or estimates. Finish I am not sure if meant for the day or....

4 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

The Force Awakens, to date, was the only showing I've ever been to that was fully sold out.

That might change when I go see Endgame. I'm fully prepared for the madness.

In my past I lived for many years in Munich (~ 1.1m plus suburbs). Now I live in a hamlet 😉

The first time in a sold out cinema was for Woodstook (documentary), repeatedly at times in a situation even a solo person got no place I was in the later '70 and '80. SW,... comes to mind.

Once they let a few of us in to sit on the floor at the wall (on thick motocycle leather jackets).

Later Speed, Avatar,....

Not that seldom 😉

• Thanks 1