grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Now if you want something to root for, I do think there is an outside shot of EG hitting 300 showtimes for Thr.

The local drive-in (which, obviously, isn't reserved) has yet to check in.  That'll be 7 to 8 showings (261 total). Maybe more if they really want to press their luck.

Studio Movie Grill Rocklin will probably expand beyond its current listings (6).  IW had 8, for instance.  Let's bump that up to 10 for shits and giggles (265 total).

Not gonna name 'em, but there's a couple of other theaters than have room to add for a final slate.  Let's say to the tune of 13 more showings (278 total).

That's 22 short.  It's possible that there might be room for 22 more showings beyond what I've already accounted for (some reserved, some not) across the 18 theaters which might be able to expand (I've given up hope on the TrueIMAX theater adding a 1:30a showing).  Sure the final slates aren't up yet.  But several of the theaters locally have already expanded their listings two or three times beyond the already large initial slate.

Couldn't tell you the odds in this case.  It'll probably settle in around 280 to 285 total showings.  Which is just utterly bonkers considering the runtime and nothing else I tracked had even broken 200 showings before Captain Marvel went nutso locally (that new theater in town is 'only' accounting for 10 more showings at the moment).  

But if one wants something to pull for... Well, there it is. ;)

===

Naturally even outside of the drive-in, some of those added showings will be non-reserved seating which I can't track.  But this does mean that I do think there is an outside shot of 30k reserved seats being available.  Just not sold. ;)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

Seeing Peppa Pig Festival of Fun with my daughter. It's basically 10 episodes of Peppa pig in a row. The things do you do for your children lol. Better than my Little pony the movie (#10 rewatch give or take yesterday)

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

29 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Anything less than 300m and Disney should consider replacing Feige

Maybe not Feige but the Russo brothers are gone if it doesn't do 307m. 

We all know what happened to the last Avengers director that didn't beat the last one by 50m. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

Seeing Peppa Pig Festival of Fun with my daughter. It's basically 10 episodes of Peppa pig in a row. The things do you do for your children lol. Better than my Little pony the movie (#10 rewatch give or take yesterday)

Shockingly it was good. My kid loved it!

• Astonished 1

RANK	PERCENT	TICKETS	MOVIE
1	76.564%	4283	Avengers Endgame (2019)
2	07.151%	400	Avengers Endgame  (2019)
3	04.112%	230	The Curse of La Llorona
4	02.002%	112	Shazam!
5	01.984%	111	Captain Marvel (2019)
6	00.822%	46	Breakthrough (2019)
7	00.715%	40	Little (2019)
8	00.608%	34	Pet Sematary (2019)
9	00.590%	33	Us (2019)
10	00.554%	31	Pokémon Detective Pikachu

So far for the day, Endgame is commanding 83.7% of tickets sold on Fandango.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Astonished 5

11 hours ago, CJohn said:

@MCKillswitch123 OW record is in play here. Fast & Furious 8 might go down. The pre-sales for April 25 are the most insane thing I have ever witnessed. Almada Forum has 12 shows available and those will all sellout before we reach April 25. The 6 preview shows on April 24 will all sellout as well, and one of them is in 3D!!!

The Force Awakens, to date, was the only showing I've ever been to that was fully sold out.

That might change when I go see Endgame. I'm fully prepared for the madness.

18 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

RANK	PERCENT	TICKETS	MOVIE
1	76.564%	4283	Avengers Endgame (2019)
2	07.151%	400	Avengers Endgame  (2019)
3	04.112%	230	The Curse of La Llorona
4	02.002%	112	Shazam!
5	01.984%	111	Captain Marvel (2019)
6	00.822%	46	Breakthrough (2019)
7	00.715%	40	Little (2019)
8	00.608%	34	Pet Sematary (2019)
9	00.590%	33	Us (2019)
10	00.554%	31	Pokémon Detective Pikachu

So far for the day, Endgame is commanding 83.7% of tickets sold on Fandango.

Captain marvel about equal with Shazam too

Today will gross about 1.6-1.7 times more than the Monday before IW opening, so if it can maintain a high percentage (I believe IW percentage was in the mid 60s on Movie Tickets at the end of Monday) that would be a very good sign. 

Sorry to be a pain but does anyone have the link for the 24 hour tracker? I had it and thought I book marked it but didn't. I know it was posted in this thread last week but given how large this thread has gotten.....I'm not sure which page it posted on. 

Thanks in advance! 

• Haha 1

Also my local theater finally added more show times for End Game. 3 show times to be exact (up to 12) which still has me shaking my head especially since all 3 showtimes added were 3D showtimes..... 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

Sorry to be a pain but does anyone have the link for the 24 hour tracker? I had it and thought I book marked it but didn't. I know it was posted in this thread last week but given how large this thread has gotten.....I'm not sure which page it posted on. 

Thanks in advance! 

http://akvalley.pythonanywhere.com/static/fandango_past24hours.txt

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

Thanks in advance! 

On front page.

1 hour ago, expensiveho said:

Maybe not Feige but the Russo brothers are gone if it doesn't do 307m. 

We all know what happened to the last Avengers director that didn't beat the last one by 50m. 

The Russo brothers are sadly gone even if endgame does 3 billion worldwide, they have announced that they are out of the MCU though I guess anything could happen in the future.

14 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

The Russo brothers are sadly gone even if endgame does 3 billion worldwide, they have announced that they are out of the MCU though I guess anything could happen in the future.

They are not gone just taking a break from CBM movies in recent interview they said they are down for doing Secret Wars with Markus and Mcflee sry abt writers name I forgot

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Can't blame them one bit for taking a long break but I seriously doubt they are gone forever. They said nothing of the sort. That happens to directors that are fired (synder) not ones who are so successful they branch off on other projects to try something new.