grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

1 hour ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Tracking and buzz. Generally, about discussing the anticipation for upcoming movies — to which coronavirus in extremely on topic.   

I’m aware of the coronavirus thread, and I post there about general virus related stuff. But, sorry if you don’t like it, Coronavirus is probably gonna be the single most important box office story for the next 3 months or so. Discussing corona impact on NTTD makes sense in the NTTD thread. Same for BW, Onward, World Tour, Mulan, F9,  etc. Discussing the impact on a club’s chance of success makes sense in that clubs thread. Discussing possible impact on dailies or weekends #s will make sense in daily and weekend threads. You’re gonna see it everywhere because it’s going to be on topic to everything. 

Edited by john2000
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, john2000 said:

it doesnt make sense to try to predict what will happen in 3 weeks no , it doesnt it doesnt make sense for people to make theories and scenarios, just let the situation unfold on its own is this really hard to do ?

Literally, this entire web site is all about predicting what will happen 3 weeks from now at the box office. Where's the fun in waiting to see what happens instead of making predictions and speculations? I get you don't like seeing people talk about the virus, but please stop acting as if it's ridiculous to talk about a pandemic, especially when it comes to public places like movie theaters.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Eric Lightfoot said:

Literally, this entire web site is all about predicting what will happen 3 weeks from now at the box office. Where's the fun in waiting to see what happens instead of making predictions and speculations? I get you don't like seeing people talk about the virus, but please stop acting as if it's ridiculous to talk about a pandemic, especially when it comes to public places like movie theaters.

Edited by john2000

12 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I guarantee we’ll see a breakout, probably multiple. But I also know there’d be a lot of resistance of closing stuff by certain groups until it’s too late.

i haven’t but I don’t think Coronavirus is the main reason if Onward underperforms OW.

Movie theaters don't have to close for people to want to avoid them.

I'll agree Coronavirus won't be a huge factor on Onward's OW. My statements were in regards to Onward's legs.

• Like 1

Imo (and I'm just talking about studio's best interests, I'm not trying to bring debate of the virus outbreak itself into this thread) they really should push back some of the big ones a couple months (Bond, Widow, maybe Fast). I don't think the June releases and beyond should start worrying too much, and I think it's a bit late for the March releases to do anything (sad, because I really think Mulan/AQP2 could be really really huge) but especially movies like Widow, Fast, and Bond that are going to rely heavily on overseas, push them to July/August/September

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, john2000 said:

scenarios /theoris create more panic , i can see why some people do it, but to start and saying that they will reshelude and black widow will move to say july ww2, to august etc etc while it could really happen , its really really obsessive

If you don't want to engage in discussion about how a real-world crisis could affect a $40 billion dollar industry, you're in the wrong place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

If you don't want to engage in discussion about how a real-world crisis could affect a $40 billion dollar industry, you're in the wrong place.

Edited by john2000

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Imo (and I'm just talking about studio's best interests, I'm not trying to bring debate of the virus outbreak itself into this thread) they really should push back some of the big ones a couple months (Bond, Widow, maybe Fast). I don't think the June releases and beyond should start worrying too much, and I think it's a bit late for the March releases to do anything (sad, because I really think Mulan/AQP2 could be really really huge) but especially movies like Widow, Fast, and Bond that are going to rely heavily on overseas, push them to July/August/September

the march one wont movie, unless something really bad happens, and studios had more benefit, as for the april/may movies, let see how march will continue first 

2 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

I don't have a problem. You're the one who seemingly wants to pretend there's no global crisis unfolding.

fuck it, you clearly didnt understand what i am saying here, 

Edited by john2000

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

Guys, I think you broke john. 

actually no, but heh, do as you plz, i cant stop you , i can only voice my opinion, anyways 

ps its just seems to me that you dont understand the point that i try to make, but hey maybe i am not explaining well

We won't have any idea how a massive Coronavirus outbreak will affect the box office until it, you know, happens. That's why these are called "unpredictable events." Could be minimal, could be major. I doubt we'll be seeing anything being released in the next few weeks getting pushed back though.

• Thanks 1