grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

I looked up what All Saints is and lmao. It's trying to appeal to the Christian audience that at the same time foolishly is pissed that these refugees came and took "their jobs" (and believed Trump would be the "answer" even bigger lmao). Poor John Corbett.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I was thinking maybe 2.5-3M for the weekend but it might go lower than that.

I have it around 1.2-1.3M. I'm not totally convinced it'll go under 1M, but it might happen. At the very least, Good Time and Ingrid should be above it (especially the former because it has a higher TC).

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I looked up what All Saints is and lmao. It's trying to appeal to the Christian audience that at the same time foolishly is pissed that these refugees came and took "their jobs" (and believed Trump would be the "answer" even bigger lmao). Poor John Corbett.

I mentioned this in the weekend thread last Friday, and its bombage suddenly made so much sense :lol: 

Edited by WrathOfHan

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Update for my theater before the 7 PM shows:

7:00 All Saints: 6/78

7:00 Dragon: 7/78

7:00 Leap: 0/67

7:00 Terminator: 4/69

9:20 Terminator: 0/78

9:30 Dragon: 0/78

9:40 All Saints: 0/78

10:00 Leap: 0/69

Zero tickets for Leap. Amazing. Birth of a Dragon might somehow end up as the biggest opener.

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I have it around 1.2-1.3M. I'm not totally convinced it'll go under 1M, but it might happen. At the very least, Good Time and Ingrid should be above it (especially the former because it has a higher TC).

I think Ingrid will do more. I am expecting 2.5M for Ingrid and 2M for Good Time.

• Like 1

Those numbers for All Saints and Dragon are Live By Night territory FWIW, and that was one of the lowest grossing previews of the year here. IIRC, Terminator is tying Big Sick as having the worst non-animated previews of the year.

G.

Fucking.
G.

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Zero tickets for Leap. Amazing. Birth of a Dragon might somehow end up as the biggest opener.

I think Ingrid will do more. I am expecting 2.5M for Ingrid and 2M for Good Time.

I think Ingrid's PTA will be around $3,500 which would result in 2.3M. Good Time will probably be about 1k less at 1.8M.

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Those numbers for All Saints and Dragon are Live By Night territory FWIW, and that was one of the lowest grossing previews of the year here. IIRC, Terminator is tying Big Sick as having the worst non-animated previews of the year.

G.

Fucking.
G.

End of August is a mistake.

What a fucking wasteland. Home Again will seem like a blockbuster on September 8, let alone It.

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I think Ingrid's PTA will be around $3,500 which would result in 2.3M. Good Time will probably be about 1k less at 1.8M.

Yeah, I was checking and Wind River had a way better PTA in 45 theaters before expanding to 700 theaters than Ingrid or Good Time (both of which were only in 20-26 theaters).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CJohn said:

End of August is a mistake.

What a fucking wasteland. Home Again will seem like a blockbuster on September 8, let alone It.

Yeah, I was checking and Wind River had a way better PTA in 45 theaters before expanding to 700 theaters than Ingrid or Good Time (both of which were only in 20-26 theaters).

Wind River is why I'm staying a little conservative on those two. They'd still be great numbers, though.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Wind River is why I'm staying a little conservative on those two. They'd still be great numbers, though.

Meanwhile Wind River might enter the top 3 and @AndyLL didn't even bother to put it on the Derby. Shame on him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I wasn't here for that so I didn't knew Gifted never showed up on the Derby either wtf.

It took Gifted WEEKS to appear on the Derby :lol: Talisman and I kept bugging Andy to add it, and he eventually gave in.

Edit: Just checked, and we didn't get it in the Derby until May 12

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

My theater tomorrow:

Leap has sold 7 tickets total

THB has sold 6 tickets, 4 of which are for the first show

LL has sold 4 tickets

Baby Driver, Terminator, and WW have sold 2 each

All Saints, Dragon, DM3, Annabelle, Nut Job, Dark Tower, Emoji, Dunkirk, Girls Trip, and SMH have sold nothing

• Haha 1

Just got out of Leap! Amazing film. It was so cute and well done. Including me 12 people in the 7:00 showing. 5 adults (Including me). 6 little girls. 1 little boy. 

But yes!! I highly recommend this movie. 10/10. I wish I had 30 Million so we could see a sequel! XD! I've tweeted the director so much on twitter. Haha. Here's his feed.. one of his responses. 

If you have little girls take them to see it! It's inspiring. Young boys will like it as well. Also, Victor and Felice are Relationship Goals! I loved Victors guy friend as well. Hillarious. 😂

So see it! 

Edited by Slicknickshady
  • Astonished 1

4 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Oh God, my AMC put Friday showtimes up for It, and it's in an average auditorium during the day and the biggest at night. If they're seriously not putting it on multiple screens...... :rofl: 

SOP is to just publish one set of times per format.  There's a very good chance you will get more, but until the bookings for your theatre have been finalized you have to go with what you've got. The most important thing isn't the amount of shows immediately, it's that you just have some times up so people can buy them.

4 hours ago, CJohn said:

Exactly the same they did with Annabelle, which wasn't all that smart to begin with, and we are talking about a movie which should have the two biggest screens for itself...

4 hours ago, CJohn said:

The idea is still pretty much the same, and you know it was dumb to not plug Annabelle on their biggest screen and be done with it. It deserves 3 screens, I fully agree.

I promise you guys this is standard and makes the most sense.  Horror movies don't play during the day.  I checked and Annabelle didn't do more than 60 tickets before 7ish.  That didn't even sell out the 2nd largest screen that it was on. 

• Like 2

Today at my theater:

Spoiler

THB:

10:45: 6/124

1:35: 0/124

4:20: 0/124

7:05: 8/124

9:50: 0/124

LL:

10:40: 11/69

1:35: 2/69

4:25: 0/69

7:15: 0/69

10:00: 0/69

All Saints:

10:30: 0/113

1:15: 2/113

4:00: 0/113

6:50: 0/78

9:30: 6/78

Terminator:

10:15: 5/78

1:35: 0/78

3:40: 0/78

7:00: 0/78

9:05: 2/78

Leap!:

10:30: 0/78

12:50: 2/78

3:10: 0/78

5:30: 5/78

7:45: 0/78

10:05: 0/78

SMH:

10:20: 2/78

1:40: 0/78

3:45: 0/78

7:15: 0/78

9:15: 0/78

Baby Driver:

6:50: 2/60

10:05: 0/78

WW:

1:00: 0/63

6:40: 2/63

Dragon:

11:15: 1/78

1:20: 0/78

4:50: 0/78

6:50: 0/78

10:15: 0/78

THB: 14/620

LL: 13/345

All Saints: 8/495

Terminator: 7/390

Leap!: 7/468

SMH: 2/390

BD: 2/138

WW: 2/126

Dragon: 1/390

DM3, Annabelle, Nut Job, Dark Tower, Emoji, Dunkirk, and Girls Trip have sold nothing.

It's super weird that 75% of All Saints' tickets are at the late showing :rofl: 

• Haha 1