grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Just now, Rumpot said:

Wow.  I'm in a 25 minute queue for my local theater on Fandango.  Says I'm "in line" and the timer says estimated 25 minutes before I get to select a ticket

2 minutes later and now "the line is paused" and they will let me know when it is resumed

Wow. The Cinemark near me has already sold out 8 of the 10 shows for Thursday. And the remaining 2 are almost full. Sucks I'll be traveling when this opens so I won't be able to see it on OD. Will have to avoid spoilers.

17 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

At first glance I was wondering what Christmas movie was opening and selling so crazy.

Looks like a bunch of Santa hats.

Christmas is coming early this year, once again.

(no shit, they're already putting out Christmas stuff to sell at the mall. Make it stop)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

What my Movie Tavern looks like for Star Wars after only a couple of hours.

$25 Fan Event 6 PM:

zz3Q3qa.png

7 PM:

qnD6Ejs.png

7:30 3D:

6aEJXea.png

10:35

OmIKumz.png

11:05

f2kkEFN.png

And this is just for Thursday. Daisy Ridley truly is the Box Office Queen! :wub: 

daisy-ridley-gif-3.gif

I love Daisy too, but....... let's wait until Murder On The Orient Express comes out to say that ;)

For now, STAR WARS is the box office king. Rogue One of all movies literally broke Fandango when pre-sales kicked off, after all.

• Like 1

Looking in to the Holiday season and things are looking bright! Thor: Ragnarok is definitely doing very well. Ticket sales have slowed majorly but that number is fantastic. 

Stars Wars: Last Jedi is insane. Showings are going until 3:30am in the morning and I have never seen a movie get so many seats. I should break 3,000 when the day arrives. The fact it has sold over 50% of its seats in around 12 hours in mind blowing. Tons of showings are sold out and at least half a dozen are virtually sold out (less than 10 seats available). 

Thor: Ragnarok 262 1,294 20.2%
Stars Wars: Last Jedi 1,567 2,930 53.5%

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

MT:

TLJ - 59.9%

BR 2049 - 7.9%

Ninjago - 6%

MLP - 4.1%

TLJ Fan Event - 3.9%

MT:

TLJ - 63.8%

BR 2049 - 7.5%

Ninjago - 4.1%

TLJ Fan Event - 3.9%

MLP - 3.0%

• TLJ dominates, increasing at 2% per hour, should pick up later as people get off work.
  • BR slowly trickling away.
  • Ninjago plummeting. "Bombjago" and "Such fail" banners are seen being waved by the Anti-Lego Foundation.
  • TLJ fan event rises to #4 as MLP becomes irrelevant to society.

Don't take those comments too seriously

Edited by feasby007

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

First Last Jedi Central Florida Sellout Count: 29/151

Already beat what Rogue One finished with and only 1 ticket from tying what BATB finished with :ohmygod: 

The end of America as a civilization.