kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals: 36.2 M ALIEN: COVENANT | 34.7 M GOTG II | 11.7 M EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Poor Michael Fassbender, his curse.

When people complain that Covenant and Prometheus are just "shitty Fassbender synth movies" like Umberto Gonzalez, I honestly think they don't understand them. Besides,

Edit forgot the spoiler policy put in place from Life

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

When people complain that Covenant and Prometheus are just "shitty Fassbender synth movies" like Umberto Gonzalez, I honestly think they don't understand them. Besides,

Edit forgot the spoiler policy put in place from Life

Life's legacy right there. The only thing it accomplished! 

• Like 1

I wouldn't say the franchise is dead. F&F seemed dead once upon a time.

Especially one that will come close to it's budget dom and double it OS.

2.5-3x the prod budget WW is enough to be tagged a success (unless the prod budget is much lower than marketing).

Edited by a2knet

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

2.5-3x the prod budget WW is enough to be tagged a success (unless the prod budget is much lower than marketing).

So, you saying they should bring OG cast and completely change the tone?

That would be exciting!!

• Like 1

Yeah bring back Sigourney Weaver and Michael biehn and Lance Henriksen and Bill Paxton and Jenette Goldstein but we all know that's not possible LOL

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Fox will just reboot it rather than let it die. They did it with Predator and they'll do it with Alien

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

So, you saying they should bring OG cast and completely change the tone?

That would be exciting!!

No, bring the F&F cast into the Aline franchise :P

Gadot in place of Weaver taking on the Queen, and Vin Disel and Rock fighting rest of the xenomorphs using space-cars.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Poseidon said:

"The Martian" was a great example to hint at a visionary director, that that's what audiences want: New stuff.

Robin Hood, those Alien Prequels, Exodus.
Those aren't stories worth telling anymore.

Maybe it's just the fact, that Scott has no great stories left in his mind. 

I think (the last 2 years) US DOM definitely has been recently saying they want new stuff (or at least not tired retreads).  If you're gonna do sequels, you better have a heavy nostalgia hook or demonstrated "newness" to your movie.  

Funny enough, this does not seem to be a problem WW.  Knowing what's coming and having clear expectations of movies seem to be the preferences of the WW box office.

Edited by TwoMisfits

Just now, a2knet said:

A soft reboot with Sigourney Weaver in the cast (even if for the purpose of marketing) would be a great idea.

And without Ridley Scott.

Itll be interesting how The Predator will do, the last two films weren't that successful but I think a decent Predator film could be a hit although I do think the rumoured budget is too high

16 minutes ago, a2knet said:

So what you are saying is put The Rock in Alien franchise and see it soar. :D

I find it funny that Alien Covenant has the came AC initials like Assassin's Creed. :rofl:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Disney is not having any problems with old IP.

Yes, they are...last year, Alice 2 flopped...Pete's Dragon did not fly...neither did The BFG (but that's not all Disney)

Pirates 5 is still to be seen...I think it will not fly as high as expectations...

Heavy nostalgia is their thing - Dory and Beauty (and Star Wars) hit so hard on that and it worked...

And I should have said kids don't mind sameness, so they are the one group you can keep pitching the exact same movies to until their parents are sick of it (like Ice Age 5 finally found out last year)...it's longer for them to rebel and say they are done with the concept (pretty much, it's their kids growing out of it)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 3