kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals: 36.2 M ALIEN: COVENANT | 34.7 M GOTG II | 11.7 M EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING

"The Martian" was a great example to hint at a visionary director, that that's what audiences want: New stuff.

Robin Hood, those Alien Prequels, Exodus.
Those aren't stories worth telling anymore.

Maybe it's just the fact, that Scott has no great stories left in his mind. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

"The Martian" was a great example to hint at a visionary director, that that's what audiences want: New stuff.

Robin Hood, those Alien Prequels, Exodus.
Those aren't stories worth telling anymore.

Maybe it's just the fact, that Scott has no great stories left in his mind. 

Martian was an adaption.

He can just do another one.

3 hours ago, Filmovie said:

5.). Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul (FOX), 3,157 theaters / $2M Fri. (includes $150K previews)/ 3-day cume: $7.1M/ Wk 1

I always expected Wimpy Kid to do sub $20M domestic.

46 minutes ago, That One Valerian said:

RIP Fox, RIP Ridley Scott, RIP The Fassdick, RIP everyone involved in production.

:lol:

He's a proven boxoffice poison and they put not 1 but 2 Fassdicks in the movie! Double the flop! :rofl:

Very happy that GOTG number went up overnight. Such a deserving movie.

Edited by Valonqar

16 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

:lol:

He's a proven boxoffice poison and they put not 1 but 2 Fassdicks in the movie! Double the flop! :rofl:

Very happy that GOTG number went up overnight. Such a deserving movie.

I disagree with this. I don't think he's box office poison. I think he chooses his work and is very eclectic.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, marveldcfox said:

SPLIT and GET OUT had impressive opening weekends and impress boxoffice grosses. This one....sorry folks but is a FLOP. 

Uh no. Far from a flop. You know its not making less than what they spent on it so its far from a flop.  

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Uh no. Far from a flop. You know its not making less than what they spent on it so its far from a flop.  

You forgot to add the marketing budget which is as big if not bigger than the amount spent on making it.

ANything in the 30-400 WW would have been ok. Anything 300-350 WW disappointment and <300 FLOP. 

Edited by marveldcfox

15 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Ugh, Ridley was right before. The Alien is dead, FOX should have continued The Prometheus storyline and made it grander/ actually answered questions. I'm sure he's going to be putting this into FOX's face. 

I'm guessing you haven't seen it then. :lol:

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

You forgot to add the marketing budget which is as big if not bigger than the amount spent on making it.

ANything in the 30-400 WW would have been ok. Anything 300-350 WW disappointment and <300 FLOP. 

I didn't forget anything. And when you say something is a flop it implies that it did not make its money back or better yet didn't do well at all. This is far from a flop. Maybe you need to redefine your definition of a flop.

• Like 1

I developed a full range from Flop to Cameron. I can't remember whether the thread was here or mojo. 

I must have been mojo. 

Edited by DeeCee

Fox should have kept Alien in the dead of August. Even with a $40M OW it would have crawled over the $100M mark because of no competition....but judging their move from August to here and some of the release dates for next years bigger films for them *coughDP2cough* it seems Fox is just unconcerned about the legs of their franchise films aka they don't like to have nice things 

Edited by Nova