kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals: 36.2 M ALIEN: COVENANT | 34.7 M GOTG II | 11.7 M EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING

9 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

You are so very, very wrong about that unless the reviews are terrible.  

Yeah, I'm surprised people are people timid with Dunkirk.  It looks like a breakout in every way

1.Good trailer views

2.Good Online Interest

3.The last major tentpole to be released, giving it August legs

4.Very different from the other competition, making it appealing to adults and accessible for young adults

5.It looks like the most marketable War film in a while

6.The trailers are pretty great

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Fox should have made Blomks Alien 3, would have actually been a huge hit I think

I'm the guy that laughs when fans get too close to something and don't like change.  

But when I saw what Blomkamp did to the pulse rifle while working on his version, that got me so fucking angry...

Edited by Boner Omega
words are hard

I think legs for JL will be 2.1-2.3x depending on wom.

SW8 will effect the late legs to small degree.

November could also temper the OW compared to BVS.

155/2.2x/341 likely imo.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

In today's edition of "you need to be looking at the YT trailer views" by WrathOfHan:

Wonder Woman Trailer 4 from about two weeks ago: 3.5M

The Mummy Trailer 3 from two days ago: 2.5M 

Planet of the Apes Trailer 3 from four days ago: 2.3M

tell me how many thor has

2 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Wonder Woman won't have big overseas numbers because this character is popular only in US. She is not a Batman level of appeal.

The only superheroe characters that were huge brand names in Europe even before the CBM golden era are; Batman,Superman and Spiderman.

29 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

In today's edition of "you need to be looking at the YT trailer views" by WrathOfHan:

Wonder Woman Trailer 4 from about two weeks ago: 3.5M

The Mummy Trailer 3 from two days ago: 2.5M 

Planet of the Apes Trailer 3 from four days ago: 2.3M

This will prove once and for all that trailer views don't matter.  if you wanna count the interest look at the likes. The mummy has a few. WW, on the other hand, is killing it

3 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

AVP did $16,442,987  on OD 13 years ago. OUCH. The only man laughing right now is Paul WS Anderson

AvP finished at $80M, or $114M adjusted for inflation. A:C will finish somewhere between those two numbers.

Looking at the adjusted list, the Alien movies were never that popular after the first two. I don't know why some people are so disappointed by A:C's performance, it seems just fine to me - and FOX will probably produce more.

• Like 1

For me most anticipated 

1.  Apes

2.  WW 

3.  Dunkirk

And I'm not excited for it but I'm wondering if the House could be a 110-120 million grosser

50 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Yeah, I'm surprised people are people timid with Dunkirk.  It looks like a breakout in every way

1.Good trailer views

2.Good Online Interest

4.Very different from the other competition, making it appealing to adults and accessible for young adults

I'm with you...although probably not as high as you are:)...it is my #7!

23 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Does anyone else thing ATOMIC BLONDE could pull of a LUCY or at least a GIRL ON THE TRAIN's 75m Dom.

I haven't really put much thought into it going by the reviews so far I think it could do 75 million.

• Community Manager
52 minutes ago, The Panda said:

1.Good trailer views

2.Good Online Interest

Are you coming around? :ph34r:

• Like 1

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, Harpospoke said:

That's possible.   I'm a huge Alien fan and the stuff in the movie I liked most was the "boring" stuff having to do with lore, backstory, etc.   The crowd pleasing things like the body count and jump scares was actually irritating me.   I've seen that already in so many Alien movies that it was boring me.

But there is no way they will make an Alien movie without the cliche "horror" stuff.   I think the franchise is above that cheap stuff myself, but studios aren't going to allow a "boring" Alien movie that would please the core fan base to be made.    They need the teen business and they are going to want blood, gore, and "terror".

I really don't think a movie with a Xenomorph that isn't trying to kill everyone would make for a very good movie. I really don't think the franchise is above such "cheap" stuff. Lore and backstory is amazing but it should never be why a movie exists.