Eric is Quiet

WEEKEND THREAD | 3-DAY ESTIMATES: Pirates - 62M ; Baywatch - 18M; Alien - 10.5M (71% drop) like. F8 crosses 1B OS.

9 minutes ago, babz06 said:

I don't think so. I'm looking at some comedies and other midbudget fare to break out. 

Either Rough Night, The House, or The Hitlans Bodygaurd or Girls Trip

or All Eyez on Me, Dunkirk, Detroit 

one or two of these films will unexpectedly do 100m+

Forgot about All eyez on me. Think it could break out like Straight Outta Compton, but I haven't seen much marketing yet. Transformers and Spidey will make a lot, but they'll be in line with most expectations.

• Like 1

That is a good number in a vacuum, an horrible number considering the franchise. Pirates 4 did 4.7M without any previews, only midnights in 2011. Thinking 75M 4-day currently unless it holds much better than expected.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Forgot about All eyez on me. Think it could break out like Straight Outta Compton, but I haven't seen much marketing yet. Transformers and Spidey will make a lot, but they'll be in line with most expectations.

All Eyez doesn't need to huge numbers to be profitable 

Just now, grim22 said:

That is a good number in a vacuum, an horrible number considering the franchise. Pirates 4 did 4.7M without any previews, only midnights in 2011. Thinking 75M 4-day currently unless it holds much better than expected.

should at least get over 70m. Even Star Trek Beyond did 60m 3 day from the same preview number

Just now, grim22 said:

10 Memorial Day weekends ago, the third one made $13.2M in Thursday night showings that started at 8:00. This is one franchise whose best days are definitely in the past.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

yeah I think it was. Many people were expecting more

I don't recall many of us on mojo saying AWE was going to do similar domestic numbers as DMC which broke all of the opening records. If anything AWE WW performance was a bit of an upside surprise.

Just now, Arlborn said:

DO we basically have a weekend thread for Pirates and another one for Baywatch? Cause that's what it seems to me.

I think this is the week-end thread you're looking for since it's stickied :redcapes:

• Like 1